Crowley likes Aubrey

ChaosLex

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Aubrey is exactly the kind of player who would get exploited after he becomes a full-time player. How familiar were pitchers with him when they faced him last September? Were there even any scouting reports out on him?

Yeah this is the most likely scenario. He's just taken advantage of not being well known like many minor leaguers when they come up. It would be a nice story and a low cost productive player if it worked out. But realistically he's the next LH if they play his with regularity.

He shouldn't even be allowed to compete for it.

He isn't good.

Scott should be the first baseman.

Aubrey can make the team if he shows he can be a good bench player..be a late inning defensive replacement for Scott and spot starter...That's fine.

But nothing more than that.

Aubrey shouldn't even make the team on the bench as you will already have Wigginton there, and all Aubrey can play is 1B/DH.

Scott Moore should make the team over Aubrey due to his ability to play both corners and the OF.

I don't mind Scott at 1B, but I just don't see DT playing him there.

Aubrey shouldn't even make the team on the bench as you will already have Wigginton there, and all Aubrey can play is 1B/DH.

Scott Moore should make the team over Aubrey due to his ability to play both corners and the OF.

I do agree with this...Good point.

He shouldn't even be allowed to compete for it.He isn't good.

Scott should be the first baseman.

Aubrey can make the team if he shows he can be a good bench player..be a late inning defensive replacement for Scott and spot starter...That's fine.

But nothing more than that.

Wow, did he run over your dog or something? I mean I'm all for all the competition we can get for that spot that is currently being taken up by a folding chair with a glove on it. We have no first basemen (I mean I guess other than Wigginton). Why should he not be allowed to compete?

Not to put Aubrey down.

I have to ask when the last time a coach ever said, "Oh No! That guy couldn't get on base to save his life. He has no defensive skills whatsoever." Or something to that effect?

I think writers go looking for a story just like everyone here does. Personally I think he is an emergency depth signing.

Wow, did he run over your dog or something? I mean I'm all for all the competition we can get for that spot that is currently being taken up by a folding chair with a glove on it. We have no first basemen (I mean I guess other than Wigginton). Why should he not be allowed to compete?

Because he gives us nothing.

They say they don't have a market for Scott..Fine...You create one..You put him at first and let him build his value there...And, it allows you to play Pie everyday in LF(well against righties and a few lefties), which could also improve his value and likely make us a better team overall.

If Aubrey is the starter, then Scott is DH'ing and Pie is on the bench.

In that scenario, you are hurting the value of Scott and Pie and playing a scrub everyday at first.

In other words, it is a no win scenario for the Orioles now and in the future.

But does he play them well? Not really, accoding to his minor league fielding percentage, and I know thats not a really good gauge but I was just looking up quick stats. Also Aubrey has a better minor league (and major league) OPS. I'm not really pro-Aubrey, but the Scott Moore love some people have is absurd.

Because he gives us nothing.

They say they don't have a market for Scott..Fine...You create one..You put him at first and let him build his value there...And, it allows you to play Pie everyday in LF(well against righties and a few lefties), which could also improve his value and likely make us a better team overall.

If Aubrey is the starter, then Scott is DH'ing and Pie is on the bench.

In that scenario, you are hurting the value of Scott and Pie and playing a scrub everyday at first.

In other words, it is a no win scenario for the Orioles now and in the future.

I'm not disagreeing with your points about Scott, I think he should get a shot to be our starting first basemen, however it doesnt seem the organization is on board with that. I'm just saying that if it comes down to Wigginton, Aubrey, Hughes and Snyder competing for th spot at 1B in spring, why should Aubrey not be allowed to compete for the spot? Again, I'm not disagreeing with your ideas about Scott, Pie, etc. and I'm not a huge Aubrey fan, but I dont really get why some dont even think he should get the chance to fight for the spot.

Extrapolate the numbers out and you get some productivity. I know why don't we trade some of our young studs or potential studs for Smoak like some want to do. All Aubrey did was hit and get on base but that to some is not good enough, and he plays a good 1st base but that is still not good enough for some on these threads.

Extrapolate the numbers out and you get some productivity. I know why don't we trade some of our young studs or potential studs for Smoak like some want to do. All Aubrey did was hit and get on base but that to some is not good enough, and he plays a good 1st base but that is still not good enough for some on these threads.

His 90 AB's were good last year. But his past 700 in the minors haven't been. At least not for 1B production.

Aubrey is projected by CHONE to be worse than replacement level this season.

And his OBP and SLG have been nothing to write home about.

There are better solutions out there than Aubrey at 1B, and it's up to MacPhail to exhaust every opportunity before putting him there.

I'm not disagreeing with your points about Scott, I think he should get a shot to be our starting first basemen, however it doesnt seem the organization is on board with that. I'm just saying that if it comes down to Wigginton, Aubrey, Hughes and Snyder competing for th spot at 1B in spring, why should Aubrey not be allowed to compete for the spot? Again, I'm not disagreeing with your ideas about Scott, Pie, etc. and I'm not a huge Aubrey fan, but I dont really get why some dont even think he should get the chance to fight for the spot.

He shouldn't get the chance because Scott should be the first baseman.

If the Orioles are dumb enough not do that(as the team is currently constructed), then I guess he should compete for the job with the other horrendous options.

Aubrey is projected by CHONE to be worse than replacement level this season.

And his OBP and SLG have been nothing to write home about.

There are better solutions out there than Aubrey at 1B, and it's up to MacPhail to exhaust every opportunity before putting him there.

Your right. Better internal and external solutions to Aubrey.

Archived