Great news from Hobgood

Ohfan67

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply
How can you be "out of shape" when you are that young and an athelete to being with?:confused::scratchchinhmm:

Who knows, if his granny was anything like mine, he might have food force feed to him from the time he entered the door to the time he left.

How can you be "out of shape" when you are that young and an athelete to being with?:confused::scratchchinhmm:

I know it's very hard for you to imagine being out of shape when you were young.

After all, when you were that young your diet primarily consisted of very lean dinosaur meat. :)

:) seriously, just joking!

22% body fat is an embarrassment for a professional athlete. 17% is a slightly more acceptable level, though at his age I would like to see something in the 10-12% range. Of course not everyone will be built like Brady Anderson or Brian Roberts, but we don't need another Sugar Bear.

22% body fat is an embarrassment for a professional athlete. 17% is a slightly more acceptable level, though at his age I would like to see something in the 10-12% range. Of course not everyone will be built like Brady Anderson or Brian Roberts, but we don't need another Sugar Bear.

You say not everyone's built like Anderson or Roberts yet you want Hobgood to be around 10-12% body fat?

17% is a good number for the big boned body frame he has.

You say not everyone's built like Anderson or Roberts yet you want Hobgood to be around 10-12% body fat?

17% is a good number for the big boned body frame he has.

"Big boned" and the shape of the frame have little to do with it.

It's not about appearance. It's about the proportion of body fat to total mass. You can be big-boned and have a low proportion of body fat. It's all about the proportion of fat in the meat you drape over those bones.

You're absolutely correct. I mean ayers like Ryan Howard, Roger Clemons, Prince Fielder, Kung Fu Panda etc... Will never be successful in the Majors due to their extra girth. Babe Ruth was absolutely terrible in his day.

The point is his weight at this age. That is the issue. If you don't think it matters, than why would the Orioles be having him lose weight?

Archived