It’s time! Upsets, live look in, news, it’s March Madness! (In game, pre & post game)

O's are Legends

• Replies 371
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I am loving it because I am 1 of 3 people with a champion left in my bracket. Hahahahahaha

I no longer care about my bracket, I had Kansas, but would much rather have MD play NIU than Kansas if they get past Mich St.

Plus rooting for the underdog is fun and it's not like I like Kansas.

I no longer care about my bracket, I had Kansas, but would much rather have MD play NIU than Kansas if they get past Mich St.

Plus rooting for the underdog is fun and it's not like I like Kansas.

That is why I didn't have Kansas. To make my bracket interesting.

I agree. Our bracket is now possible. They have played well enough this year to make it to the final four given the rest of the field. Keep your fingers crossed.

Ok, so I fill out 4 brackets in the office pool. My mistake this year was not following through on what my gut was telling me which was to take 4 different champions in each bracket because it was a relatively wide open tournament. I've been burned the last few years by finishing in 3rd place because I nailed the final teams but I didn't have my bases covered in the Final FOur and Elite Eight round. So this year I decided I would take Kansas in two different brackets with a few changes to my Elite Eight and Final FOur to cover myself. I also had them in the final losing to Kentucky so I'm done in that one too. I'm still alive in one with a Kentucky- Syracuse final. This is going to be the year where the person who watches very little basketball will probably win the bracket.

From Wilbon's column on Monday:

"Northern Iowa, which won 28 games, will be a threat to Kansas in the second round."

Nice call, Mike.

It's weird because they were ranked for the majority of the year but of course they are a mid major and lost a few conference games. All the power conference fans see that and then all of a sudden they are overrated and trash because they lost 3 MVC games. Of course, most of these fans never actually watched them play a game all year. That is a good basketball team. A team that deserved it's national ranking for most of the year. Today was no fluke, they lead the whole game and were the better team. Obviously, as a MD fan I am much happier with the prospects of facing them in the Sweet 16 than Kansas but I fully expect them to be a tough out in this tournament.

It's weird because they were ranked for the majority of the year but of course they are a mid major and lost a few conference game. All the power conference teams fans see that and then all of a sudden they are overrated and trash because they lost 3 MVC games. Of course, most of these fans never actually watched them play a game all year. That is a good basketball team. A team that probably deserved it's ranking nationally for most of the year. Today was no fluke. They lead the whole game. I absolutely expect them to be a tough out in this tournament.

Absolutely. This was definitely no fluke, they're very well coached and not intimidated by anyone. They'll be a tough out for Maryland/Mich State.

And now it's off to watch my last Final Four chance, JIMMER!!!

I actually really think GT can win this region if they get past Ohio State (which is a real possibility). I mean, they'd have to be favored in the next two games.

ETA: 400!

Totally agree...I almost took GT to the sweet 16 and had they not been playing GTown, I would have had them in the elite 8, losing to Kansas...So, with Kansas and GTown out of the picture, I think GT has a good chance...As does MD.

I actually really think GT can win this region if they get past Ohio State (which is a real possibility). I mean, they'd have to be favored in the next two games.

ETA: 400!

Why would they be favored over Tenn?

OSU should beat them before that anyway, but as we've seen, who knows what will happen?

Archived