03/25 - vs. NYY ...TV GAME!!

markdublya

He only pitched 123.1 innings last season so at most he will get 153.1 innings this year. It would be irresponsible for the O's front office/managerial staff to allow him to exceed the "30innings more than prior year" rule.

Edit: He pitched 11 innings in AAA before his callup therefore he should be allowed to pitch 164 innings this year.

He did pitch 160+ innings in 2008. I think he would be ok to go at most 190+, IMO.

http://thebaseballcube.com/players/B/Brad-Bergesen.shtml

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply
He did pitch 160+ innings in 2008. I think he would be ok to go at most 190+, IMO.

http://thebaseballcube.com/players/B/Brad-Bergesen.shtml

Yeah I saw that too and if he was a seasoned veteran then I would think so as well but since he is a kid and hasn't had a full season in the bigs yet, then I would think they would lean towards the cautious side. Maybe Drungo or SG could comment on this? Not completely sure on the policy.

He only pitched 123.1 innings last season so at most he will get 153.1 innings this year. It would be irresponsible for the O's front office/managerial staff to allow him to exceed the "30innings more than prior year" rule.

Edit: He pitched 11 innings in AAA before his callup therefore he should be allowed to pitch 164 innings this year.

134 technically, 11 IP in AAA.

He threw 165 IP in the minors in 2008. So I think the 30 inning increase won't apply. He would have had more last year if not for the injury.

But, I realize 200+ is a long shot. I'm just saying he is good enough, so long as he is consistent.

Scott HBP on the foot, runners on 1st and 2nd, 1 out. Moving a little gingerly, but seems fine.

Atkins looks so goony. Anyway, The Goon hits a ball to the hole at 2nd base, Jones scores from 2nd, Scott to 2nd. Runners on 1st and 2nd, 1 out.

8-0 Orioles

Archived