03/25 - vs. NYY ...TV GAME!!

markdublya

Good to see Thorne in mid-season form, calling a 92 mph four seamer a breaking ball. :rolleyes:

In Thorne's defense... about a week ago (I don't feel like looking it up...) Roch said that Thorne was sitting beside him in the press box. Thorne told Roch that the opposing pitcher was telegraphing his changeup, slowing his delivery down. Sure enough, next pitch he threw the change and our guy (leftie but I can't remember who) jacked it for a long HR. Thorne yells "There it is!"

He may not be the idiot we all think he is.

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply
In Thorne's defense... about a week ago (I don't feel like looking it up...) Roch said that Thorne was sitting beside him in the press box. Thorne told Roch that the opposing pitcher was telegraphing his changeup, slowing his delivery down. Sure enough, next pitch he threw the change and our guy (leftie but I can't remember who) jacked it for a long HR. Thorne yells "There it is!"

He may not be the idiot we all think he is.

Yeah, I emailed Roch and said, "How can someone identify when someone's telegraphing their changeup, but not be able to distinguish a four seamer from a slider?"

He didn't respond, because the obvious answer is, "I have no idea."

Archived