Could this be Moose's last game at OPACY?

Frobby

Nuclear Dish's stories of Moose were the last nail in the coffin for me. I still respect Mike for his talent and what he did for us...

but rot in hell ya Yank! I hope it's his last game anywhere.

I'm with you. I can't stand him. I find him overwhelmingly pretentious and arrogant. I thought he spent a lot of time during that infamous FA period acting like some sort of victim. Maybe the Os weren't as good to him as they should have been. But, I couldn't stand his personality from the start, and then he went to the Yanks. And, he went there making comments of not wanting to have to be "the man". So, he wanted "the man cash" without having to be "the man". Just everything he says rubs be the wrong way, right down to his crying and whining after he got taken out of the rotation. Good riddance Moose...have fun being the best pitcher to never win 20, never win a championship despite being on a loaded team every season, and be firmly convinced that he's smarter than everyone else in the room.

I totally agree with WEDGE and FRUITLOOPKID.

If I recall correctly Mussina had supposedly said that the O's would get a chance to match or exceed the best offer that he received and they never did to my recollection. Granted, I do not know all of the particulars on the situation but that is what I remember.............Mussina becoming a Yankee and not honoring his word to the O's and the O's family.

I'm a big Moose fan, not only because he was an Oriole, but he grew up and went to high school about 30 minutes away. I didn't start completely paying attention to baseball until after he left, but I still appreciate everything he did in an O's uniform.

Angelos could have signed him for 12 million a year but he never would offer the money until it was too late. I don't blame Moose. After all he gave the O's a hometown discount his previous contract. I don't think he will retire for several more years unless he is totally ineffective. He still wants to get to 300 wins.

Archived