4/6 O's vs. Rays OPENING DAY

adamwolff11

They confirm what I saw. I frankly don't know where you're coming from on this. He doesn't look smooth - rarely, at least - but he makes a ton of plays. A ton.

Really, excluding the first couple of months where he was adjusting to left field, he looked, to my eyes, very solid out there. To get on his case for looking awkward - not missing plays, but simply looking uncomfortable - on the first game of the year, in a dome, is completely ridiculous.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Fielding stats doesn't measure how uncomfortable and unnatural he looks. Plus it doesn't measure him missing cut off men and throwing to the wrong base.

Fielding stats will always have flaws.

They don't have to be perfect to make your criticism baseless.

Really, excluding the first couple of months where he was adjusting to left field, he looked, to my eyes, very solid out there. To get on his case for looking awkward - not missing plays, but simply looking uncomfortable - on the first game of the year, in a dome, is completely ridiculous.

I'm taking it all the way back to last year.

He was missing cut off men and throwing to the wrong base back in August last year right before he got hurt.

Fielding stats doesn't measure how uncomfortable and unnatural he looks. Plus it doesn't measure him missing cut off men and throwing to the wrong base.

Fielding stats will always have flaws.

Can't teach his physical skills. Can teach and instruct to make better and better decisions.

Really, excluding the first couple of months where he was adjusting to left field, he looked, to my eyes, very solid out there. To get on his case for looking awkward - not missing plays, but simply looking uncomfortable - on the first game of the year, in a dome, filled with smoke, is completely ridiculous.

Indeed.

Letters.

They don't have to be perfect to make your criticism baseless.

Baseless? You and I must be watching a different game. Just because the stats tell you one thing doesn't mean they are 100% true. Pie has plenty of talent, but he still has a lot to learn and he still looks uncomfortable and unnatural. So your "baseless" argument can be thrown out.

Archived