4/18, Orioles (1-11) @ Athletics (9-4)

nevadaO

• Replies 567
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

• I don’t think he’s trading those guys for a RP even if he’s controlled. I could see them adding a legit bat or a SP that’s controllable. 
    • 2022 Aberdeen - .221/.298/421.    31.8% K rate  7.7% BB rate 2023 Bowie - .251/.320/.456.         24.9% K rate  8.3% BB rate 2024 Norfolk - .296/.396/.486.       19.3% K rate  12.2% BB rate  
    • I’m going to preface this by saying (1) I expect to get crushed for bringing it up and (2) it shouldn’t impact trade deadline strategy.     I think Felix is going to pitch in the playoffs. There is nothing I have to go on other than gut feeling, in fact Elias has clearly stated otherwise. But I think that is what he is shooting for. I bring it up only on the premise of having a guy in the bullpen who could miss bats.  They could have him be a situational guy and leave Kimbrel where he is for this season. 
    • For Norfolk, Cook has started 29 games at 1B with a .996 fpct. and 5 games each at LF, CF, RF.   He started one game at 3B and made an error and at lower levels played a decent amount of 2B.   I think he’s probably an emergency/last resort guy at 2B/3B and @Tony-OH seems skeptical of his outfield defense in general.  Saying all that, with a LH heavy hitting OF he has a decent shot as soon as next year, especially if Norby gets moved.  Norby, with the ability to play LF/RF/2B would probably be his chief competitor for a backup role.  Also depends on what they do with Hays.
    • Your definition of what we need and @Bemorewins definiton of what we need may be different.    Getting a #3 starter he feels confident as a game #3 starter in the playoffs.   Who, in his mind, is that pitcher?   Fedde will not require one of those guys.  Crochet might.
    • We do not have to give up Holliday, Basallo, or Mayo to get what we need.
    • So you think Elias will give up one of the top 3 prospects to get upgrades?
  • Popular Contributors