Very Underrated: Shin-Soo Choo

Frobby

If I had to vote for most underrated player in the AL, Shin-Soo Choo might get my vote.

2008: .309/.397/.549

2009: .300/.394/.489

2010: .318/.437/.494

From what I've seen, he also has a nice arm in the OF. Yet you never hear about this guy.

If I had to vote for most underrated player in the AL, Shin-Soo Choo might get my vote.

2008: .309/.397/.549

2009: .300/.394/.489

2010: .318/.437/.494

From what I've seen, he also has a nice arm in the OF. Yet you never hear about this guy.

If he played in New York or Boston, he'd be a star.

Yeah, the only time you hear about him is when they discuss his military requirement. Does anyone know if that will be resolved?

He is a great player, and probably the best player on that team.

Choo is a beast. Great hitter and obp machine.

Here is some info waroriole. Guess we will just have to wait and see what happens. I believe Scott Boras is his agent so he definitely will demand some serious money when he hits free agency.

From USA today – March 1st, 2010

It's hanging over my head a little bit," he told the Associated Press

Choo said if the Indians approve it, he could play for the South Korean baseball team in the 2010 Asian Games in November, and if the team wins the gold medal his military obligation would be waived. If that doesn't work out, he could refuse to return to South Korea or apply for citizenship in the USA.

"I try not to think about it," Choo told AP. "It's the same as last year. I didn't think about it then. The only thing I know how to do is play baseball."

Boras is his agent, so he won't be underrated for long. Supposedly he's refusing to extend with the Indians...

Boras demanding the highest pay for free agents will start biting him in the behind. Just look at Felipe Lopez. While some players may have good years, Boras demands too much.

Archived