May 8: Orioles @ Twins (Game 1)

PrivateO

• Replies 340
  • Created
  • Last Reply
For those who hate 1st-pitch swinging, note what Eddie just said about AJ: gotta be looking for a 1st-pitch FB and be ready to hit it hard...

Be ready doesn't mean you swing at any old fastball you see.

Jones isn't hitting anything well at all frankly. And he hasn't since last years All Star break. He needs to be sent down to AAA so he can get his swing back. I know the organization doesn't want to send down last years All Star but nothing else has been working. Bring up Patterson for a few weeks and just deal with it for a while.

Did you see that? bases loaded, 2 outs...Tough lefty/lefty matchup and he drives in 2.

He is way better than Frank and Miggy and don't even get me started on that fat, overrated guy Babe Ruth.

:clap3::clap3::clap3:

Sample siiiiiiiize!!!!!

Be ready doesn't mean you swing at any old fastball you see.

Jones isn't hitting anything well at all frankly. And he hasn't since last years All Star break. He needs to be sent down to AAA so he can get his swing back. I know the organization doesn't want to send down last years All Star but nothing else has been working. Bring up Patterson for a few weeks and just deal with it for a while.

That has nothing to do with the point. The point was that it is routine for folks to complain whenever somebody swings at the 1st pitch, as if taking the first pitch is always a good idea. Eddie Freaking Murray just said that looking to hit a 1st-pitch FB down the middle was what AJ was supposed to do.

Did you see that? bases loaded, 2 outs...Tough lefty/lefty matchup and he drives in 2.

He is way better than Frank and Miggy and don't even get me started on that fat, overrated guy Babe Ruth.

:clap3::clap3::clap3:

And then Tejada didn't get a hit!

Clearly Tejada isn't clutch and I don't want him up when the game is on the line.

Obviously it's just Nick!

I wonder if he saw this. Even if he did, he'd disregard it.

We got 2 runs without anybody hitting the ball worth a damn... during the awful spell, that's what the other team would do, while our guys would hit it on the nose right at somebody...

We got 2 runs without anybody hitting the ball worth a damn... during the awful spell, that's what the other team would do, while our guys would hit it on the nose right at somebody...

Finally starting to hit it where they ain't, huh, Shack?

Archived