5/11: M's at O's

PaulFolk

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply
If you don't think there are some mind games going on with this team, I submit Wiggy's and Reimold's at bats with runners on third and one out versus their other at bats in this game. This team is collectively worried about failing rather than focused on success. You can just see it. Something is going to have to be done to lift the veil.

Well I really doubt that having MacPhail publicly denounce the hitters could help. It damn sure hasn't. That, IMO, was one of the most ill-advised things to do imaginable.

Well, I'm giving up for tonight. When the best player on the team runs blindly into a DP I think things have gone round the bend.

Agreed. And with the amount of rain coming down right now, just end it here. There's no point in playing the 9th.

Really? You think this is the issue? MacPhail saying "this isn't a suicide pact. We'll make changes if we have to"? I disagree. This team is down, but if they're down because of what AM said then I have little hope for their long term mental toughness.

I did not say that. This team was down long before MacPhail said that. But, do you think MacPhail saying that could be helpful to get them to stop pressing and play better baseball? That is what happens when a team is going bad. The hitters start pressing, they squeeze the saw dust out of the bat handles and things go from bad to worse. Yes, I think that is exactly what is happening here.

Archived