8/16/10 Orioles vs. Mariners

Don Quixote

• Replies 496
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The Mariners line-up is an example of what could have happened to the Orioles had we signed certain players like Figgins or Branyan. I recall posters wanting to sign them last off-season. Figgins looks bad this year, and Branyan is playing like he did most every year besides last.

There's not a big difference between them and Atkins & Tejada, but fortunately MacPhail signed his new vets up to one-year contracts.

I just don't know if Bergesen is actually going to develop into a good mid rotation guy who is fairly effective like he was last year, or is just going to be a mediocre fifth starter type...he is so erratic (as are all the Orioles pitchers currently) but we end up sticking with them thinking that they will "figure it out" at some point and that they make up the "core" of the "plan."

M's announcers say (a) it was a good pitch to throw a runner out on (high and outside) and (b) the BEST THROW THEY'VE EVER SEEN from Moore. So I think in this case AJ had the odds against them. (Unless you saw him get a late jump.)

Archived