2010 Mobbies: Vote for the Orioles Hangout!

ScottieBaseball

Now that this is over, can I ask -- is there a tangible benefit to winning this contest? Would it help OH to get more subscribers, or more site hits, or more advertising? Or is this just a "pride" thing?

Because honestly, I couldn't care less whether Camden Chat beats OH in this poll. It's about as meaningful to me as Derek Jeter winning the Gold Glove. And that's not to knock Stacey's site. I just don't think this is a very meaningful award, and I'd feel the same way if OH was the winner.

• Replies 320
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Now that this is over, can I ask -- is there a tangible benefit to winning this contest? Would it help OH to get more subscribers, or more site hits, or more advertising? Or is this just a "pride" thing?

Because honestly, I couldn't care less whether Camden Chat beats OH in this poll. It's about as meaningful to me as Derek Jeter winning the Gold Glove. And that's not to knock Stacey's site. I just don't think this is a very meaningful award, and I'd feel the same way if OH was the winner.

The fact that Orioles Hangout was listed as one of the top ten overall sites all week will absolutely drive traffic here. I know I got curious and checked out some of the other top vote collectors. I would assume some publicity at the ceremony will also help.

Especially the face forward name recognition to advertisers and the Orioles themselves for future partnerships.

All publicity is good publicity.

Other than that I agree with you completely.

The fact that Orioles Hangout was listed as one of the top ten overall sites all week will absolutely drive traffic here. I know I got curious and checked out some of the other top vote collectors. I would assume some publicity at the ceremony will also help.

Especially the face forward name recognition to advertisers and the Orioles themselves for future partnerships.

All publicity is good publicity.

Other than that I agree with you completely.

I kind of figure that the only people who are going to visit here are Oriole fans, and that it's pretty hard to have missed the existence of OH if you care about the Orioles. But, obviously it can't hurt to have OH's name out there.

I bet the Sun is amused at how hot and heavy the voting was.

I kind of figure that the only people who are going to visit here are Oriole fans, and that it's pretty hard to have missed the existence of OH if you care about the Orioles. But, obviously it can't hurt to have OH's name out there.

I bet the Sun is amused at how hot and heavy the voting was.

You would think so but I am constantly surprised how often I get blank stares when speaking of the Hangout amongst Oriole Fans.

And with name recognition, you never know if it is the third time or the thirtieth that finally trips the trigger.

You would think so but I am constantly surprised how often I get blank stares when speaking of the Hangout amongst Oriole Fans.

Well, there are two levels of fans. My brother follows the Orioles, has a partial season ticket plan, watches a fair amount on TV. I'm quite sure he doesn't know who Manny Machado and Zach Britton are, nor does he want to know. And he isn't going to spend time on Orioles Hangout, though he certainly knows it exists because of me.

Archived