ACC preseason poll

Sports Guy

Pretty much agree with these, although I think Miami finishes a few spots higher than that and NCST finishes 2nd over Duke. Also would put UVa in front of Clemson, but perhaps I'm biased.

Should be a really great year for the ACC. 6 or 7 tournament teams.

I'd be pretty surprised if Maryland finishes that low. Any of those teams could finish ahead of the Terps, but if all of them do, I'd be very surprised. I'd pick it something like this.

1. North Carolina

2. Clemson

3. Maryland

4. Duke

5. North Carolina State

6. Virginia

7. Georgia Tech

8. Florida State

9. Boston College

10. Virginia Tech

11. Miami

12. Wake Forest

I'd be pretty surprised if Maryland finishes that low. Any of those teams could finish ahead of the Terps, but if all of them do, I'd be very surprised. I'd pick it something like this.

1. North Carolina

2. Clemson

3. Maryland

4. Duke

5. North Carolina State

6. Virginia

7. Georgia Tech

8. Florida State

9. Boston College

10. Virginia Tech

11. Miami

12. Wake Forest

Showing some MD homerism here IMO.

Lots of Clemson love on here as well...I think there a top 5 or 6 ACC team but not sure how people can put them over NC St and Duke.

Lots of Clemson love on here as well...I think there a top 5 or 6 ACC team but not sure how people can put them over NC St and Duke.

Not sure how it's Maryland homerism. The Terps were the second best team in the conference last season and return four of their top seven from last season including two players who will have a great shot at All-ACC. You can disagree, because 2 through 5 or 6 are all about the same, but to say it's homerism is ridiculous.

Clemson was better than NC State last year and returns almost everyone of significance. NC State has big questions at the PG position. Putting them ahead of Clemson is a much bigger stretch than the other way around.

Not sure how it's Maryland homerism. The Terps were the second best team in the conference last season and return four of their top seven from last season including two players who will have a great shot at All-ACC. You can disagree, because 2 through 5 or 6 are all about the same, but to say it's homerism is ridiculous.

Clemson was better than NC State last year and returns almost everyone of significance. NC State has big questions at the PG position. Putting them ahead of Clemson is a much bigger stretch than the other way around.

Well pretty much everyone disagrees with you nationally but i do agree that PG questions have some merit.

By what measure were the Terps the second best team in the conference last year?

They were TIED for the THIRD best record in conference.

Besides, looking at these teams based on last year isn't smart...NC St and Duke are going to be much better because they are older, deeper and more talented.

I could see MD finishing ahead of NC State though and i do think the Terps are much better than the writers are giving them credit for.

Well pretty much everyone disagrees with you nationally but i do agree that PG questions have some merit.

By what measure were the Terps the second best team in the conference last year?

They were TIED for the THIRD best record in conference.

Besides, looking at these teams based on last year isn't smart...NC St and Duke are going to be much better because they are older, deeper and more talented.

I could see MD finishing ahead of NC State though and i do think the Terps are much better than the writers are giving them credit for.

Pretty much any objective ratings system...Pomeroy, Sagarin, etc. plus both top 25 polls. Looking at the conference standings, with how unbalanced the schedule is now, to determine the best teams is silly. Virginia finished in a tie for first only because they got to face the bottom three teams twice each.

And like I said, any of those teams COULD finish ahead of Maryland, though NC State and Duke both have major questions at PG, and after watching the Terps in '05-'06 struggle without a good PG, I'm hesitant to predict big things for teams with unknowns at that position.

Clemson is really good. This isn't the same Clemson we're used to seeing.

Pretty much any objective ratings system...Pomeroy, Sagarin, etc. plus both top 25 polls. Looking at the conference standings, with how unbalanced the schedule is now, to determine the best teams is silly. Virginia finished in a tie for first only because they got to face the bottom three teams twice each.

And like I said, any of those teams COULD finish ahead of Maryland, though NC State and Duke both have major questions at PG, and after watching the Terps in '05-'06 struggle without a good PG, I'm hesitant to predict big things for teams with unknowns at that position.

Saying Duke has a major problem at PG is amusing.

I agree with you about the conference standings not meaning as much but i thought you meant they were the second best by standings.

BTW, Duke had an RPI 1 higher than MD and MD's Pomeroy was 1 higher than Duke...Duke had a tougher schedule...Pretty close and no, i do not think Duke was the second best team in conference last year.

Saying Duke has a major problem at PG is amusing.

I agree with you about the conference standings not meaning as much but i thought you meant they were the second best by standings.

BTW, Duke had an RPI 1 higher than MD and MD's Pomeroy was 1 higher than Duke...Duke had a tougher schedule...Pretty close and no, i do not think Duke was the second best team in conference last year.

Until Greg Paulus shows that he can play the PG position well at this level, I'm not so sure that this is such a ridiculous comment.

He turned the ball over a lot last year, and his scoring was down. I know that he was injured but I have still yet to be impressed by him.

BTW, is it just me or is this like DeMarcus Nelson's 11th year at dook?! He's definitely graduating this year, right?

Until Greg Paulus shows that he can play the PG position well at this level, I'm not so sure that this is such a ridiculous comment.

He turned the ball over a lot last year, and his scoring was down. I know that he was injured but I have still yet to be impressed by him.

BTW, is it just me or is this like DeMarcus Nelson's 11th year at dook?! He's definitely graduating this year, right?

Paulus averaged 5 ppg more last year than he did in his freshman year. His FG and 3 poing FG % were both way up.

His turnovers were actually down slightly from his freshman year but the assists were down....Agree he has to improve both areas.

BTw, in terms of TOs per minutes played, GP was right there with most of the PGs...Lawson was the best.

But yes, Paulus has to improve but i don't see him as some major question mark at all.

Archived