Kenny Lofton

cindyluvsbrady

Wow, I just looked at his post season stats and from '95 - '07 he has played in the post season every year except 2000 (his 2nd stint of 3 with the Indians).

I wonder what the record is for most post-season appearances with different teams? Kenny has 11 different years in the playoffs with 8 different teams - although 3 of the 8 teams were his 3 different stints with the Indians.

I cant help but feel very bad for him:( He must want to die. It must be awful to get that close to getting WS ring and never get one!:002_ssad:

I could be wrong but isnt he good friends with CAL?

He might be. Lofton was a good/great college basketball player and Cal loved to have people over to his house to play basketball. I wouldn't be shocked if he invited Lofton to play since he is so competitive. ;)

He might be. Lofton was a good/great college basketball player and Cal loved to have people over to his house to play basketball. I wouldn't be shocked if he invited Lofton to play since he is so competitive. ;)

He was a backup PG on Arizona's Final four team in 1987. The Sean Elliot/Steve Kerr lead team.

Not until Tim Raines gets in.

Yea there just isn't a ton of support for players of his ilk in the HOF. Obviously Rickey Henderson is a first ballot and Lou Brock is in but other than that, I can't name a terribly large amount of players in the HOF that resemble Lofton's career statistics.

Begs the question:

Kenny Lofton, HOF?

He's gonna be one of those guys who hangs around the ballot for 5 or 6 years, probably get 100-125 votes in a couple of them. His career stats are good (nearly 2300 hits, 1450 runs, 599 steals, 4 gold gloves). He probably will hang around another year or two and get 2500 hits, but I don't think he has enough.

But yes, even I feel for the guy, he could pretty taste the champagne in 02, 03, 04 and 07 and just misses it.

Archived