Reynolds soon

wvw011166

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I like Reynolds, I want the O's to acquire Reynolds, but if Reynolds is the biggest offseason pick-up for the O's (and IMO he'd be bigger than someone like D. Lee or Konerko because of his relative youth (i.e. he'll be around for longer)), I'm going to be pissed.

I like Reynolds, I want the O's to acquire Reynolds, but if Reynolds is the biggest offseason pick-up for the O's (and IMO he'd be bigger than someone like D. Lee or Konerko because of his relative youth (i.e. he'll be around for longer)), I'm going to be pissed.

Reynolds, Lee, and Hardy would be a good offseason, depending of course on what we have to give up for Reynolds and Hardy. :scratchchinhmm:

My hope is still that we get Reynolds, Loney and Dejesus, Jr.. That would be huge in my book.

Rosenthal's tweet also had a link: Orioles Still Heaviest on Reynolds but Buyer Beware

The Orioles continue to show the heaviest interest in a trade for Diamondbacks third baseman Mark Reynolds, according to major-league sources.

Officials with the Padres and Blue Jays, two other clubs previously reported to be in the mix for Reynolds, strongly deny any interest at all.

The Blue Jays are on Reynolds’ no-trade list. The Padres, an NL West rival of the Diamondbacks’, allowed six homers by Reynolds last season, more than any other club. But they also struck him out 24 times in 53 at-bats (45 percent).

Reynolds, Lee, and Hardy would be a good offseason, depending of course on what we have to give up for Reynolds and Hardy. :scratchchinhmm:

I like Hardy's upside, but I'm just getting frustrated by the paucity of impactful options left to the Orioles at this point. The O's need a game-changer, but they don't have the tradeable pieces to make it happen (without gutting the ML team), there aren't enough options on the FA market, and the minor league system is virtually empty.

Bah.

As for Loney (obird), I've never really liked him. He's never shown any power, and even his MiL numbers aren't that impressive. He's not even that spectacular with the glove.

I dunno...

As for Loney (obird), I've never really liked him. He's never shown any power, and even his MiL numbers aren't that impressive. He's not even that spectacular with the glove.

Loney's value comes from the fact that the LAD might sell low on him. We talk about taking advantage of "sell high - buy low", well this could be exactly one of this situations.

Reynolds fits perfectly for AM.

We should be able to acquire him relatively cheaply.

He is a bargain in the eyes of AM and that is what AM goes for...A very good bounce back candidate signed for 2 years with an option..very friendly contract.

He is 27, which is historically the peak season for players.

Not if Gonzalez went to the Sox & they resigned Beltre. The Yankees add Lee & you know they will find a move to match the sox.

Sorry to be down ...But the gap justs keeps getting wider IMO.

Not if Gonzalez went to the Sox & they resigned Beltre. The Yankees add Lee & you know they will find a move to match the sox.

This really isn't true. What the Sox and Yankees do is sustain themselves.

If the Orioles are better and can beat them, then we cut into that wins total.

That is the real key. Remember, the Sox and Yanks probably get 25ish wins a year against us.

This really isn't true. What the Sox and Yankees do is sustain themselves.

If the Orioles are better and can beat them, then we cut into that wins total.

That is the real key. Remember, the Sox and Yanks probably get 25ish wins a year against us.

Their CLASS A talent added to their superior roster will continue to be better than our less than class A upgrades.

I agree that when your on the bottom the only way to go is up.

Posada/Jeter/A-Rod/Ortiz/Drew/Varitek are all in decline, but they're getting paid to play no matter what. It isn't all doom and gloom. The O's need to get better, no doubt, but you need to walk before you can run.

Archived