TT: Reimold for Bartlett is a win-win

Tony-OH

I agree...i am not trading Reimold for Bartlett. I just think there is too much value there for Reimold...not trade value but cost controlled value where I expect him to give us good production for 400ish at bats.

Bartlett isn't worth that.

Sorry I wasn't able to convince you or a few others. Unfortunately, you all are either over valuing Reimold or under valuing Bartlett.

Hopefully though, we'll turn around and go after Hardy because he's the guy I'd want first anyways.

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Sorry I wasn't able to convince you or a few others. Unfortunately, you all are either over valuing Reimold or under valuing Bartlett.

Hopefully though, we'll turn around and go after Hardy because he's the guy I'd want first anyways.

Do you think its overvaluing Reimold to say that we can get an 800-830 OPS in 400ish at bats?

Do you think its overvaluing Reimold to say that we can get an 800-830 OPS in 400ish at bats?

I think that's his upside, yes, but I'm willing to give up that potential upside for a major league SS, especially if my other option is bringing back Izzy. Don't get me wrong, I'm fine with keeping Reimold if the Rays wanted more, but I would still trade him straight up.

I know I'm in the minority, but I think Bartlett returns to a .700-.720 OPS guy with us while playing solid defense. I also think we could extend him for two seasons and we have a perfect stop gap until Machado arrives.

Saying that, if we can get Hardy for package that included Reimold as the main piece, I'm jumping on that like cold turkey sandwich on the day after Thanksgiving.

I like Nolan, but I don't like him defensively in LF and Luke Scott is our current DH (I'm not a huge fan of him in LF either) so where does that leave him?

If Reimold was 23-years old I'd be more apt to keep him for his potential, but he's 27-years old, the chances of him becoming a 30+ home run guy is slim.

While I understand that Reimolds' year was horrible, I would think the promise of him to turn around, with several years of control left, far outweighs one year of Bartlett, even if he can be parlayed into a Type-B free agent compensation pick. Especially with LF still unsettled.

I would rather go after Hardy or Ryan at this point.

While I understand that Reimolds' year was horrible, I would think the promise of him to turn around, with several years of control left, far outweighs one year of Bartlett, even if he can be parlayed into a Type-B free agent compensation pick. Especially with LF still unsettled.

I would rather go after Hardy or Ryan at this point.

Me too. I'm beginning to think I'd like to have him over any of the other names at this point. Of course, that would depend on what we'd need to give up.

Oh, thanks Tony. I was refering to Matt Diaz. He's 32 now, and I was trying to make the point that at as of Reimold's age now, his stats were poor. (But) in the years since, in the 3 seasons that he's played at least 124 games, he's put up an OPS of ~.860. So my point was that I don't think his .806 career OPS is the best comp for Reimold going forward. I think the .860 OPS is a better comp.

Anyway, thanks for clarifying that you were thinking of Bartlett there.

By the way, the points that you made in your article were starting to take some of the sting out of the thought of losing Nolan. (But) I sure hope he's still here in the spring and we dodged a bullet. We just traded my favorite pitcher (in a great trade for us). I didn't want to lose my favorite batter today.

I think that's his upside, yes, but I'm willing to give up that potential upside for a major league SS, especially if my other option is bringing back Izzy. Don't get me wrong, I'm fine with keeping Reimold if the Rays wanted more, but I would still trade him straight up.

I know I'm in the minority, but I think Bartlett returns to a .700-.720 OPS guy with us while playing solid defense. I also think we could extend him for two seasons and we have a perfect stop gap until Machado arrives.

Saying that, if we can get Hardy for package that included Reimold as the main piece, I'm jumping on that like cold turkey sandwich on the day after Thanksgiving.

I like Nolan, but I don't like him defensively in LF and Luke Scott is our current DH (I'm not a huge fan of him in LF either) so where does that leave him?

If Reimold was 23-years old I'd be more apt to keep him for his potential, but he's 27-years old, the chances of him becoming a 30+ home run guy is slim.

I am actually with you on Bartlett to an extent...I think too many people are completely writing him off as a viable option. I think some are acting as if he is done as a productive player and I disagree with that. I would like to acquire Bartlett..That being said, Tampa pretty much has to trade him. He is going to be due a good amount of money and is coming off of a poor year.

I think when you look at what Reimold brings us and you figure that he is cost controlled for several years, that trading him for Bartlett isn't the best move for us.

Now, as I have said today, if you are determined to trade him and Bartlett is the best you can get for him, then I can see making the move...But I just think now is the wrong time to deal Reimold unless its for a better player or a player that is under contract for longer.

As for what we do with Reimold...Well, right now, he is an important piece to next years team IMO. We have Scott at DH, no first baseman and Pie in LF. So, there are a lot of at bats there for Reimold.

We are going to get a first baseman obviously but the guys that are out there have a lot of question marks, so having the depth of Reimold and Scott is a good thing..Plus, Pie can't stay healthy and hasn't shown that he can be, consistently, good against lefties...he shows flashes but not consistency.

Now, maybe the Orioles make a move for a LFer, trade Pie and re-sign CPat...Doing that and keeping Scott and getting a first baseman would make Reimold less valuable to us.

But right now, he has a lot of value to this team IMO.

I think Bartlett will be had for less and if not, I think there are other options out there that make more sense than Reimold for Bartlett.

I am actually with you on Bartlett to an extent...I think too many people are completely writing him off as a viable option. I think some are acting as if he is done as a productive player and I disagree with that. I would like to acquire Bartlett..That being said, Tampa pretty much has to trade him. He is going to be due a good amount of money and is coming off of a poor year.

I think when you look at what Reimold brings us and you figure that he is cost controlled for several years, that trading him for Bartlett isn't the best move for us.

Now, as I have said today, if you are determined to trade him and Bartlett is the best you can get for him, then I can see making the move...But I just think now is the wrong time to deal Reimold unless its for a better player or a player that is under contract for longer.

As for what we do with Reimold...Well, right now, he is an important piece to next years team IMO. We have Scott at DH, no first baseman and Pie in LF. So, there are a lot of at bats there for Reimold.

We are going to get a first baseman obviously but the guys that are out there have a lot of question marks, so having the depth of Reimold and Scott is a good thing..Plus, Pie can't stay healthy and hasn't shown that he can be, consistently, good against lefties...he shows flashes but not consistency.

Now, maybe the Orioles make a move for a LFer, trade Pie and re-sign CPat...Doing that and keeping Scott and getting a first baseman would make Reimold less valuable to us.

But right now, he has a lot of value to this team IMO.

I think Bartlett will be had for less and if not, I think there are other options out there that make more sense than Reimold for Bartlett.

I really don't disagree with anything you have to say here except for me personally, I'd move Reimold for Bartlett if that's what it took to get him.

Tell you what though, I'd really like to see us trade Pie and maybe Reimold for more established power-hitting left fielder. Not sure who would be available but hopefully a team looking for a CFer and willing to take on Reimold as a partial replacement for the guy they send to us.

Who needs a CFer?

I really don't disagree with anything you have to say here except for me personally, I'd move Reimold for Bartlett if that's what it took to get him.

Tell you what though, I'd really like to see us trade Pie and maybe Reimold for more established power-hitting left fielder. Not sure who would be available but hopefully a team looking for a CFer and willing to take on Reimold as a partial replacement for the guy they send to us.

Who needs a CFer?

White Sox(although they do have rios but can out him in LF)

Royals

Mets..maybe if they deal Beltran

Those are the 3 that jump out at me with the Royals being the main team..especially since they asked about Pie last offseason.

Pie and Tillman make a lot of sense for KC...But unless we are getting Gordon or Butler, I don't see anything happening.

Now, perhaps we can get involved with a 3 way deal with Greinke.

We send Pie and Tillman to the Royals...Royals send Greinke to team X..Team X send us a RH LFer with good power and prospects to the Royals.

Who needs a CFer?

That would be the Nats and Willingham.

White Sox(although they do have rios but can out him in LF)

Royals

Mets..maybe if they deal Beltran

Those are the 3 that jump out at me with the Royals being the main team..especially since they asked about Pie last offseason.

Pie and Tillman make a lot of sense for KC...But unless we are getting Gordon or Butler, I don't see anything happening.

Now, perhaps we can get involved with a 3 way deal with Greinke.

We send Pie and Tillman to the Royals...Royals send Greinke to team X..Team X send us a RH LFer with good power and prospects to the Royals.

Pie and Reimold for Quentin?

Would they value Pie over Morgan..enough to trade Willingham for him?

It would be Pie and Reimold, the Nats getting both of them with plenty of years and low salary.

I would consider that if I were the Nats. Pie is Morgan with more power and some potential upside. Willingham will probably out-produce Reimold in 2011, but Reimold will still be around at the end of the year.

Reimold and Pie are more valuable than the draft pick, and there's no guarantee Willingham will be a Type A anyway. The only question is whether the Nats think they can do better at the deadline.

Archived