10-6

3 Tampa Bay- 2-0 with 1 Postponed

3@Tampa Bay-3-0

3@Tampa Bay-2-1

4 Tampa Bay- 1-3

4 Tampa Bay-3-1

3@Tampa Bay-1-2

12-7

I will update the OP when each series is done.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The first seven games of the season might not be that meaningful in the long run (I don't believe they are), but losing to your divisional rivals sure is. The O's did worse against everyone in the division last year than they did the year before, including far worse against Tampa. If the O's are going to find themselves in contention towards the end of the year, as hard as it is, they have to do well against the rest of the division.

The first seven games of the season might not be that meaningful in the long run (I don't believe they are), but losing to your divisional rivals sure is. The O's did worse against everyone in the division last year than they did the year before, including far worse against Tampa. If the O's are going to find themselves in contention towards the end of the year, as hard as it is, they have to do well against the rest of the division.

Definitely agree w/ this. Certainly hoping for regression by Boston and Tampa; for some odd reason I think the Yankees are gonna be roadkill by October. And Toronto is ... Toronto.

Rays Rotation

All of it

Rotation

1. D. Price

2. C. Archer

3. J. Odorizzi

And those are the three guys we'll be facing.

I'm really not looking forward to playing the Devil Rays this week. Our hitters are struggling already. TB has a habit not just of silencing our bats but putting them into an extended funk.

Btw, seems TB's new #4 pitcher is going to be ERIK BEDARD.

Captain Obvious alert: 1-3 in the first 4 series is pretty bad.

Yeah it is, but at least they've all been split series. And at least our one series win was against the Yankees. I actually feel a bit fortunate that the team is 5-7 in this stretch, considering that neither the hitting nor the starting pitching has been very good so far.

Yeah it is, but at least they've all been split series. And at least our one series win was against the Yankees. I actually feel a bit fortunate that the team is 5-7 in this stretch, considering that neither the hitting nor the starting pitching has been very good so far.

Agreed....starting pitching is awful, save Tillman. Offense has a hard time scoring more that 2 or 3 a game, and even the defense is spotty compared to our expectations. We are fortunate that nobody in the division has gotten off hot. We could easily be 4-8 and 5 games out right now.

They won't be this fortunate forever. Another 5-7 stretch right now could find us 5 or 6 out with an uphill battle ahead of us. It's hard to make up 5 games without going on a tear, or the other team tanking for a stretch.

Agreed....starting pitching is awful, save Tillman. Offense has a hard time scoring more that 2 or 3 a game, and even the defense is spotty compared to our expectations. We are fortunate that nobody in the division has gotten off hot. We could easily be 4-8 and 5 games out right now.

They won't be this fortunate forever. Another 5-7 stretch right now could find us 5 or 6 out with an uphill battle ahead of us. It's hard to make up 5 games without going on a tear, or the other team tanking for a stretch.

Amazing how two excellent games against Tampa Bay can change the outlook of things.

Now for Boston. They're down Shane Victorino and Will Middlebrooks... and Pedroia, Napoli and Uehara are all knicked up. They're OPS-ing a pretty pedestrian .676. The Orioles need to take advantage of the Sawx while they're weakened.

Archived