When do you bring up someone from Norfolk?

sfosfan

I know it's way too early, but there are some hitters and pitchers making early impressions at Norfolk. At one point do you admit you made the wrong choice out of spring training and bring them up? Reimold & Urrutia if they keep hitting would we see them before May 1?

Reimold isn't hitting. Urrutia and Parmelee look good. Hitting isn't the problem at the ML level. What wrong decisions were made? Who do you want replaced?[/quote

"Wrong" probably wasn't the right word- I keep forgetting Paredes is hurt, and Lough who just came back. But I keep wondering why it's so hard to replace Lough and Flaherty.

I know it's way too early, but there are some hitters and pitchers making early impressions at Norfolk. At one point do you admit you made the wrong choice out of spring training and bring them up? Reimold & Urrutia if they keep hitting would we see them before May 1?

Who would they be replacing?

Two players to definitely keep an eye on our Reimold and S.Johnson. However, this team just flat out has zero flexibility. I don't think we're going to give up on Garcia so soon. But I could definitely see us playing the DFA game with the spot Lough currently occupies. Right now we're scoring enough runs to win. The 4 man bench is great to have. But until the rotation and our set up guys get back on track it might be useful to have an extra arm. And that's even already having Gausman too. Basically we need to find a set up man to get on a roll in front of Britton. Johnson and Wright could be perfect for it.

Baring injuries, I wouldn't expect any promotions from Rochester until late May at the earliest. It takes that long to get a sense of who is just in a slump and who is likely to continue struggling.

I hope no one comes from Rochester. I doubt Buck and Dan would be that familiar with them.

Two players to definitely keep an eye on our Reimold and S.Johnson. However, this team just flat out has zero flexibility. I don't think we're going to give up on Garcia so soon. But I could definitely see us playing the DFA game with the spot Lough currently occupies. Right now we're scoring enough runs to win. The 4 man bench is great to have. But until the rotation and our set up guys get back on track it might be useful to have an extra arm. And that's even already having Gausman too. Basically we need to find a set up man to get on a roll in front of Britton. Johnson and Wright could be perfect for it.

That could be perfect for it but they would probably need at least two or three months in the majors before they would slide into that role. Perhaps not even this year.

Baring injuries, I wouldn't expect any promotions from Rochester until late May at the earliest. It takes that long to get a sense of who is just in a slump and who is likely to continue struggling.
I hope no one comes from Rochester. I doubt Buck and Dan would be that familiar with them.
Wow that is an epic brainfart hah.

I guess I was daydreaming about the years when our AAA prospects would be named MiL player of the year and still be sent back to repeat AAA because the major league team was so loaded.

Archived