Offseason 2015/2016

Bahama O's Fan

What Will We Do With Our Money Next Offseason?  

17 members have voted

1. 1. What Will We Do With Our Money Next Offseason?

• Put it in Angelos' pocket
    • Spend it on hitting
    • Spend it on pitching
    • Other

Peter Angelos pockets it and we become the Baltimore Tides.
When the Orioles starting winning and competing again, I remember people around me at work (I hadn't yet retired), and in other places saying that the team was winning in spite of Peter Angelos. Though Angelos has backed off from some of his worst transgressions, I still tend to believe that the Orioles are winning in spite of Angelos. Which means that Angelos will pocket most of the money. DD (if he's still around) and Buck will have to build a roster similar to the ones that they are building now, without spending on either retaining or acquiring FAs, whether they are on other teams or whether they are our own FAs. I really, truly hope that I am wrong. I really hope that we consider retaining at least some of our players once they become FAs.

Too early to know. We have to see how players develop.

Are Bundy, Mike Wright, Wilson or Davies good enough to become the 5th starter and the long reliever?

Is Parmelee a AAA player or the next Chris Davis?

Is Alvarez ready to fill De Aza spot?

How about the pen? Does Garcia develop during the year? Does Bundy or Mike Wight fill spots in the pen for O'Day and Hunter?

I am sure some of the money goes to arbitration eligible players and some goes to extensions to players or free agents. Remember the O's extended Hardy and re-signed Delmon this off season. The O's are likely to make more moves like that late this season and off season.

Too early to know. We have to see how players develop.

Are Bundy, Mike Wright, Wilson or Davies good enough to become the 5th starter and the long reliever?

Is Parmelee a AAA player or the next Chris Davis?

Is Alvarez ready to fill De Aza spot?

How about the pen? Does Garcia develop during the year? Does Bundy or Mike Wight fill spots in the pen for O'Day and Hunter?

I am sure some of the money goes to arbitration eligible players and some goes to extensions to players or free agents. Remember the O's extended Hardy and re-signed Delmon this off season. The O's are likely to make more moves like that late this season and off season.

Good enough to be a long reliever? That gave me a good chuckle. I would hope we can find find two bodies out of the 4 or 5 that might be ready. If we can't something is wrong.

I agree that they may extend a player or two before the end of the year. Young looks like something that could be brought back and that isn't something I expected.

Good enough to be a long reliever? That gave me a good chuckle. I would hope we can find find two bodies out of the 4 or 5 that might be ready. If we can't something is wrong.

I agree that they may extend a player or two before the end of the year. Young looks like something that could be brought back and that isn't something I expected.

Sometimes it takes rookies a while to adjust to the majors. Tillman and Britton come to mind.

Sometimes it takes rookies a while to adjust to the majors. Tillman and Britton come to mind.

True. But we were also counting on Tillman and or Britton to be more than 5th starters. Whoever fills the spot isn't being counted on to turn the franchise around. And the ones at AAA have a lot more seasoning because there arent immediate openings at the major league level.

If Pearce repeats last year's numbers and Davis is his 2012ish form' date=' would you try to resign either? If so, which one?[/quote']

I don't think either will be back, but I'd try to go after Davis. I just think someone will get silly and give way too much. Pearce isn't going to repeat last year's numbers. Not saying he won't contribute, just saying he won't repeat last season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Without doing a detailed analysis, it's safe to say we will have Tillman, Gonzalez, Jimenez, and Gausman coming back for the rotation. I think it's also safe to say that Bundy, Wilson, or Davies will be able to fill out the fifth spot. Let them fight for it out of Spring Training.

I think it would be a good idea to add a power arm in the bullpen, but we will absolutely need to sign one or two bats since we only have about five out of our projected top nine bats signed after this season. Davis, Wieters, Pearce, De Aza all FA's. Sign or trade for a legitimate RF or LF (I don't think Snider is a long term solution in the OF, maybe 1B or DH) and possibly a 1B/DH.

Other than RZNJ, no serious answers? This is a good topic and something the fans want to know. Chen is gone. MW is gone (he better be because he isn't worth it). Davis is most likely gone.

They need to lock up Tillman, like yesterday. That is starting to worry me, but hopefully it gets done.

Where is this money going?

I think penciling in Bundy is VERY premature. I am not confident there. Hope I am wrong. I wouldn't count on him, too much to prove before now and then.

I think DD will be gone. He wants to go to Toronto clearly and that will be resolved, one way or the other.

So where does the money go? Good question.

Archived