• 1.6k views
    • 14 replies
    • 36 replies
    • 2.6k views
    • 90 replies
    • 5.7k views
    • 64 replies
    • 4.9k views

• I mean Adley’s attempted hit vs Witt is a good example. Adley hit it harder…but missed for a few feet. That happens. But even softly hit balls find green…the Os aren’t..others are…like Detroit..like KC vs us. They win on an IF hit, Westburg’s ball is a homer in 28 of 30 parks.   
    • If they were going to get rid of Fuller they should have done it a month and a half ago. The issues with our hitting were apparent the whole second half of the season. Maybe a firing or two would have sent a message to the players prior to their postseason fizzle. . 
    • What does Eflin and Jimenez signify? It was a very small addition to the payroll. John Angelos would have approved that, if he needed to approve anything at all.
    • I'm not sure that's quite it.  Well, more importantly, I'm not sure that's quite it for me. I absolutely want to win more in the playoffs.  At this point there's no question that for me I'd live through some lousy seasons if it guaranteed a World Series trophy.  I'd give up a lot for that. But unfortunately it's the weird paradox, especially in baseball, where the games that mean so much in terms of perception actually mean very little.   Just look at some the threads posted on this board in recent weeks. "Do the Orioles need more experience"?  (studies have shown this is not the case) "Maybe they need a certain type of hitter/approach!" (no, studies have shown that's not it either) "They must need to build their bullpen a certain way." (nope) "Well you have to be playing well in September to have a chance in October!"  (very much not true) "It must be those nice white boys need somebody to be a jerk" (OK, no real way to quantify that one :)) The Astros must have the secret sauce, they went to the ALCS a lot of times in a row!  Oh, they lost in the 1st round this year. Study after study after study shows that there is no pattern.  There is no "right" way to do it.  There's no way to predict from year to year which teams will or will not go on the run. If for that crazy 8-9th inning on the day after the season the Mets may not have even made the playoffs.  Now they're the example of guys that can "get it done". It's not an excuse, and frankly it's not really my opinion.  It's reality. I do 100% agree with your last 2 sentences.  I don't know what we've done to so displease the baseball gods.