2011 Ticket prices raised

eddie83

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

After 13 straight losing seasons I think they are pretty much at their base of around 20-23K fans per game with around 8-10K season ticket holders. Raising the ticket prices a few bucks each year probably won't negatively impact those numbers.

If the Nats started winning on a consistent basis while the O's stayed down that number may take a hit but I don't see that happening anytime soon.

I remember when the stadium opened bleacher seats were $4. Now the walk-up price for them is $19! Looks like the cheapest day of game ticket is $10, the same as last year.

I took a look around at some of the other teams last year that were near the bottom in attendance and the Blue Jays have by far the best ticket promotion. You can get an 80 game seasons pass (opening day not included) in the upper deck for $95.

After 13 straight losing seasons I think they are pretty much at their base of around 20-23K fans per game with around 8-10K season ticket holders.

I remember going to a game last year on a thursday evening and the attendance was about 10,000. Looks like a ghost town. I don't see the rate increase deterring fans, its not a huge jump.

I remember going to a game last year on a thursday evening and the attendance was about 10,000. Looks like a ghost town. I don't see the rate increase deterring fans, its not a huge jump.

They averaged 21,662 per game last year. I don't see that number going down due to incremental ticket price increases.

In all fairness the Orioles ahve kept ticket prices so low for so long that these things are bound to happen.

The real question is this, can you still get in for under 10 bucks? Can you get a pretty decent seat for under 10 bucks? The answer is yes to both questions.

I am disappointed in the ticket price increase. But, it is a way to spurn season ticket sales because there is now a very clear value in the mini-plans they will offer and the 13-game plan is an outright steal now.

Yes they are. Plus being a 13 game plan owner if I want to buy tickets to 2 or 3 other games I contact my ticket rep and still get them for the discounted price. If I can't make a game as long as I exchange prior to game time I can swap them for any other Game(non-prime can swap for non-prime, Prime can swap for any). You get a free ticket to a spring training game each year,( it was three but People actually go to the games in Sarasota so now it's only 1 per seat). Free tickets with early entry on fanfest. They treat you very well.

Orioles tickets are pretty cheap compared to everyone else, but the fact they havent had a winning season in over 10 years, and salary hasn't increased kind of a poor time to do so. I can understand if they finish 500 this year and raise the price next year after an increase in attendance. But who's to say the Orioles dont have key injuries again and start off as bad as they did last year? You saw how much losing Roberts hurt the offense. Is the raised prices really going to be worth it when you have 13,000 fans in the stadium. Its not a big deal to me personally but i can see it annoying some fans.

Just about every time I go to a game I use stubhub and get tickets for less than face value. As long as the Yard remains half full I don't see why I can't continue that...a caveat is I don't particularly care where I sit and am happy to go mid week.

Archived