Showalter has a surprise for the team

ChaosLex

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Buck decides to bring in some celebrities to give pep talks, but unfortunately has left the details to subordinates.

Lindsay Lohan pops up from out of a cake, which everyone loves, but she is unfortunatley stoned and steals necklaces from all the gold-chain wearing players.

Mel Gibson comes in drunk and screams racial and religious epithets at everyone.

David Hasselhoff walks in, falls down and tries to eat a hamburger off of the floor.

The whole event is so terrifying it acts as a "scared straight" incident, and no O's player is ever again accused of taking a restricted or illegal medication.

Lifting of the facial hair rule perhaps?

Might as well. Let's get the team comfortable and win some ball games. I don't see any reason to keep them looking like insurance salesmen. I want to kick the other teams' butts, not save them a bunch of money on their car insurance.

It's not like we can demonstrate that the facial hair rule is helping anything.

Don't think that would really "rally" the team. These guys are professional athletes and getting a pep talk from a guy that is one of their peers that makes millions of dollars playing a game, too, wouldn't be as special to them as it would be a group of fans at a fantasy camp.

I wouldn't be surprised if there is a military tie-in or, something that would be welcomed here, an appearance by a Oriole legend, say, Earl Weaver, to give them a big speech on the Oriole Way and how it's returned and they are at the ground floor of something special.

Agreed. Maybe they could bring in Albert Haynseworth and play Pin the Tail on the Donkey (Fat Al as the Donkey) or Hit the Piñata (Fat Al as the Piñata).

Or maybe he is taking them to the mall to get them all custom-fitted caps.

Archived