Anyone have any information about Dan Paolini?

Perhaps Stotle, or another scout has some information on this kid? Hes a junior at a local school, and I'm wondering if he'd be worth a flyer in the first ten rounds. I don't know much about him, and any info would be great.

Perhaps Stotle, or another scout has some information on this kid? Hes a junior at a local school, and I'm wondering if he'd be worth a flyer in the first ten rounds. I don't know much about him, and any info would be great.

Awful season on the Cape. Has bounced back and shown his 2010 power again this Spring. Some contact issues. Plays a serviceable second base. I have him in the Top 300, which would make him single-digit round worthy in my opinion.

Awful season on the Cape. Has bounced back and shown his 2010 power again this Spring. Some contact issues. Plays a serviceable second base. I have him in the Top 300, which would make him single-digit round worthy in my opinion.

How is his body? Is he projectable at all? I'm just wondering if he's got the tools to be a legit prospect, I guess.

Edit: Thanks for the quick response, wish I could rep you again, but I must wait.

On the same note, a kid I played with in High School, RHP Kevin Jacob, pitches for Georgia Tech and was drafted by the Yankees last year before deciding to go back to school for his senior year. Is he a prospect?

Mikie Mahtook looks good so far, is his power for real? (have him in a dynasty league..)

How is his body? Is he projectable at all? I'm just wondering if he's got the tools to be a legit prospect, I guess.

Edit: Thanks for the quick response, wish I could rep you again, but I must wait.

He's pretty well filled out, and a strong dude. He's a legit prospect, but his Cape summer was poor enough that a lot of teams are likely going to shy away in the early rounds. Maybe the Yankees pop him a little earlier than others might (just a thought).

On the same note, a kid I played with in High School, RHP Kevin Jacob, pitches for Georgia Tech and was drafted by the Yankees last year before deciding to go back to school for his senior year. Is he a prospect?

Mikie Mahtook looks good so far, is his power for real? (have him in a dynasty league..)

Jacob is legit -- had arm issues last year and came back to try and re-establish his value. He hasn't fully shown the stuff he showed in the Alaska Summer League, circa 2009, and his arm action isn't the cleanest. But he should be picked-up in the single-digit rounds. I'd guess maybe 4th-7th Round.

Mahtook looked like he had a lot to work on while with Team USA. His emergence this spring has been incredible. Still a lot of refinement needed, but he's taken big steps forward. Power is for real, even if it takes him several pro seasons to fully show it with wood. His timing was such that he simply wasn't driving the ball, even when squaring it, this past summer. He has already improved in that area and has a real chance to stick in center (and an arm for right if he doesn't).

Archived