The Orioles continue to insult their fans

JTrea81

JTrea81 said:

Try going into the actual store in Fenway. Good luck trying to find anything non-Red Sox.

These were YOUR words.

JTrea81 said:
You don't see one piece of anybody else's team gear in the Red Sox team store.

The Yawkey Way Store IS the Red Sox team store. Try doing some research before boldly making a statement that is false ........... not that I expected anything but a cop-out response from you.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply
These were YOUR words.

Try doing some research before boldly making a statement that is false ........... not that I expected anything but a copout response from you.

Try doing some research? How many games have you been to at Fenway? How many times have you been in the Red Sox team store at the actual ballpark?

Just because they offer something online doesn't mean they sell it in the store.

Also it's a pin, not a rack of Orioles shirts like the Orioles have in their store for the Yankees at the actual ballpark.

JTrea81 said:

Try doing some research? How many games have you been to at Fenway? How many times have you been in the Red Sox team store at the actual ballpark?

Just because they offer something online doesn't mean they sell it in the store.

Also it's a pin, not a rack of Orioles shirts like the Orioles have in their store for the Yankees at the actual ballpark.

The first game that I ever attended at Fenway Park was in 1993. My friend lived in Boston at the time, and we went to two games that season. I went to the Red Sox team store that year, and they had fitted Orioles hats from every season from 1954 -1993. They had all of the other major league teams´ hats also, but I was only interested in the Orioles hats, which is why I noticed that they had every design available that the team used when they changed the design every few years. The last time I went to Fenway Park was two years ago, and I didn´t go to the team store, so I can´t say with certainty whether or not they still have the hundreds of team items that were there when I went there in 1993 ......... unilke you, who makes a false statements, and instead of simply admitting that you were mistaken cops out by trying to change the subject.

How many times have you been there?

Several.

I was there in 1995 and they did have some Orioles stuff then, but since the 2000s there hasn't been one opposing team's gear in sight. I was last there in 2009 and no Orioles gear in sight.

The first game that I ever attended at Fenway Park was in 1993. My friend lived in Boston at the time, and we went to five games that season. I went to the Red Sox team store that year, and they had fitted Orioles hats from every season from 1954 -1993. They had all of the other major league teams´ hats also, but I was only interested in the Orioles hats, which is why I noticed that they had every design available that the team used. The last time I went to Fenway Park was two years ago, and I didn´t go to the team store, so I can´t say with certainty whether or not they still the thousands of team items that were there when I went there in 1993 ......... unilke you, who makes a false statements, and instead of simply admitting that you were mistaken cops out by trying to change the subject.

/Stupid thread, for real this time. Won't do any good, though.

Several.

I was there in 1995 and they did have some Orioles stuff then, but since the 2000s there hasn't been one opposing team's gear in sight. I was last there in 2009 and no Orioles gear in sight.

I was there last summer. I remember quite a bit of gear from other teams there. And I know which of us I trust more.

So you're a fan of lying in an argument to get your point across?

I'm not lying as the times I have been there recently there was no other team gear to be found. What gear did you see in the official Red Sox team store at Fenway?

IvskG.jpg

"They say they're better than you and you agree".

The front office just doesn't get it. They think it's "just good business" to be selling enemy gear inside Camden Yards. They think it's savvy to label games with the Yankees and Red Sox as "prime games", charging more for them and using them to sweeten the deal when you buy multi-game packages. What they are doing is perpetuating the culture of losing. If you sell Red Sox gear at Camden Yards, then it truly is Fenway South. The front office is saying that they enjoy that moniker. The sound of "let's go Yankees" chants in their own park invokes feelings of slobbery lust in them in hopes that a few of them might buy some of our Yankee shirts. Cha-ching, baby.

It doesn't matter how well we play; if the front office continues with the mentality that the Yankees and Red Sox are "prime" teams, then the Orioles will continue to be a non-prime second class citizen in the league. The Red Sox and Yankees will continue to be the Globetrotters and we will continue to be the Admirals. It's a self-fulfilling prophecy. ESPN doesn't need our own front office's help in anointing the Red Sox and the Yankees.

In short, our front office needs to stop trying to piggyback on the Red Sox and Yankees success and concentrate on building their own success.

/back to my beer

I went to several Sox games last year. The actual Sox Team store does not have any other team gear from my experience. There are other vendors that do sell stuff for other teams. I have no dog in this fight, but I've been to Fenway every year since Cal retired, and at the in stadium store, I've never seen opposing teams gear.

Archived