The Orioles continue to insult their fans

JTrea81

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That's not a "loser" attitude. It's called "hello, I live in the real world where money talks, and I'm not afraid to acknowledge that."

if you accept that you are a 2nd rate city, its game over. noone will want to play here. and guess what? they don't. when the yanks and sox come...it will be ALL their fans.

You do realize the O's only get 1/30 of the profit from those Yankees shirts sales. And 1/30 of the profit of shirts that sell in Yankee Stadium goes to the Orioles as well. The Orioles aren't making money for themselves, rather all 30 teams. And I could care less about how much money they'd lose by not having Yankees gear for sale. I doubt it's a huge profit boost for them like ticket sales are. My guess would be it pisses off Orioles fans more than it helps them earn extra revenue.

I took a detailed Business of Sports class, admittedly three years ago, but I believe the MLB rule states official team stores are exempt from revenue sharing. So IIRC, the Orioles retain 100% of the profits from the official team store inside the stadium.

but it goes beyond that wedge. every team who comes to the park is louder than ours.

our fans are horrible.

the team is horrible.

the management sucks-- charge more for lower quality product.

i am so sick of this.

Well, gee, I wonder why our "fans" are horrible. Listen to yourself. You're our fans! The team is ALWAYS our team, thick or thin. We're supposed to love them even when they suck. Our fans throw in the towel right quick, and guess what, other teams fans are gonna swoop right in and take over our park when that happens, especially in our geographic location.

You want those other fans out at the park? You be willing to spend money on a team you think are a bunch of losers. You ready to do that, because it really doesn't sound like you, or the vast majority of the Baltimore area, are ready to do that.

That's not a "loser" attitude. It's called "hello, I live in the real world where money talks, and I'm not afraid to acknowledge that."

if you accept that you are a 2nd rate city, its game over. noone will want to play here. and guess what? they don't. when the yanks and sox come...it will be ALL their fans.

Wait, how is fleecing fans from other teams accepting you're a 2nd rate city?

Secondly...Baltimore IS a second rate city! Always has been! The city status has no reflection on the ball teams, however.

and...when you start kissing the yanks and sox fans ass...they will get MORE obnoxious.

really stupid ideas by people who cant see the forest from the trees.

You're the one who can't see the forest for the trees, makes me think you don't know the expression. You're SO focused on the one item that you're not seeing the big picture. That's not seeing the forest for the trees. Big picture = it's a business.

You're the one who can't see the forest for the trees, makes me think you don't know the expression. You're SO focused on the one item that you're not seeing the big picture. That's not seeing the forest for the trees. Big picture = it's a business.

Is the limited amount of money they earn worth the loss of respect and the anger from the Orioles fans that they so desperately want to come back to the ballpark?

well focus on the margins

ignore the overall experience

the writing is on the wall

we kiss the ass of the rich

how do you expect fans to have any pride? to shout down yanks and redsox chants?

do you think the players want to hear other chants in their own yard, while the complacent o's fans need special instructions on when to cheer?

Is the limited amount of money they earn worth the loss of respect and the anger from the Orioles fans that they so desperately want to come back to the ballpark?

See, I'm not angry about it. And getting angry about it is really short-sighted by the fans, IMO. Go ahead, get all angry at the concessions and souvenir people. I'll direct my vitriol to the rank ass "baseball" being played in the park.

See, I'm not angry about it. And getting angry about it is really short-sighted by the fans, IMO. Go ahead, get all angry at the concessions and souvenir people. I'll direct my vitriol to the rank ass "baseball" being played in the park.

don't be surprised when you see less orange at the yard then. you are cutting off your own dick, and you can't even see it.

Archived