The Orioles continue to insult their fans

JTrea81

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If the O's wanted to stop this, I'm sure they have enough leverage to do it, regardless of whatever contract they may be bound to right now.

I would be surprised if the retail sales are really worth it. There is probably an unseen cost in terms of a drain on O's fans morale - less and less fans will tune in or come to the ballpark, especially for Yanks/Sox games.

ask the players what they think about it.

I'm sure the players are just up in arms about all this, really. You know what the players could do to fix it? PLAY BETTER. They could win some games! That might eliminate the demand for Yankee gear in the team store.

There's good points in this thread punctuated by unnecessary hostility. I agree with Jtrea...It's an insult that the Orioles allow their vendors to sell this stuff, but it's not easy to just dump the vendor.

I agree with both Nattyboh and Austin in their back and forth about the players. The players should be expected to play better. The Orioles should also be expected to keep Camden Yards an Orioles-centered experience for the fans. Period.

Hey, watch the language.

And I'm not going to be surprised in the slightest if you represent the average fan. Not to mention that I suffer from no delusions about the psychological makeup of Baltimore. Napoleonic is putting it nicely. Severe Inferiority Complex is probably more apt. Getting all moany about this kind of thing in reaction to losing? Come on.

its a loser mentality. and the franchise has embraced this.

its like when pickles changed their sign to " welcome baseball fans"

we don't deserve a team. no pride.

So you don't go to Pickles anymore?

I'm sure the players are just up in arms about all this, really. You know what the players could do to fix it? PLAY BETTER. They could win some games! That might eliminate the demand for Yankee gear in the team store.

Exactly. If the Yankees were coming in here and getting smoked, the fans wouldn't show and there would be no one to buy the gear. This is yet another of those BS issues someone posts about EVERY YEAR that matters naught until the team begins to win. Baltimore on the jerseys, Brooks Robinson statue, ushers behind home plate. They come up over and over again, yet even when ones are "fixed" people just find something else to whine about while the team doesn't win. And no matter the actual, rational, non-Oriole-related reasons, they don't listen.

Do the Ravens sell Terrible Towels at their stadium?
Do the Ravens barely sell 30% capacity on normal games, and only have Steelers games anywhere near full capacity with a significantly large percentage of those fans being Steelers fans? The situations of the two teams are completely incomparable.

Do the Ravens barely sell 30% capacity on normal games, and only have Steelers games anywhere near full capacity with a significantly large percentage of those fans being Steelers fans? The situations of the two teams are completely incomparable.

The Orioles should be doing everything they can to attract Orioles fans, not just any fan. Catering to Yankees fans turns Orioles fans away.

The Orioles should be doing everything they can to attract Orioles fans, not just any fan. Catering to Yankees fans turns Orioles fans away.

Losing turns Orioles fans away. Losing allows OPACY to be filled with Yankees fans.

Losing turns Orioles fans away. Start winning, and more O's fans come to game. Less tickets are sold to Yankees fans. Less of a market is there for Yankees shirts. How hard is it to understand that if O's fans were rocking the stadium against the Yankees, there's be more of a market for O's gear than Yankees gear? The lack of fans during these games aren't a product of the Yankees gear in the pro shop. The Yankees gear in the pro shop is a product of a combination of the lack of O's fans and prevalence of Yankees fans.

Losing turns Orioles fans away. Losing allows OPACY to be filled with Yankees fans.

That's correct, but you shouldn't be trying to make money off of Orioles fans' misery. Don't encourage the Yankees fans entitlement by selling their gear at your stadium. There are plenty of vendors that will sell that crap outside the stadium, but you don't need to make that money and piss off Orioles fans. The ticket revenue should be enough.

That's correct, but you shouldn't be trying to make money off of Orioles fans' misery. Don't encourage the Yankees fans entitlement by selling their gear at your stadium. There are plenty of vendors that will sell that crap outside the stadium, but you don't need to make that money and piss off Orioles fans. The ticket revenue should be enough.

This is all that needs to be said.

:agree:

This is America.

You make money, regardless of what it does to peoples' feelings.

Archived