Are the Orioles interested in any of these potential draft picks?

Taylor Jungmann, Danny Hultzen, Trevor Bauer, Gerrit Cole, Nick Tropeano, Sam Stafford, Matt Barnes, Greg Gonzalez, Andrew Chafin or Sam Gaviglio. I did some research and out of all the collegiate players entering the draft this June, these guys are certainly the most polished. I would love to see the O's get a few guys who aren't as risky as the high school arms they usually take. I know a couple of years ago they could have drafted Mike Leake and last year they could have had Alex Wimmers, Addison Reed and Kyle Blair.

Taylor Jungmann, Danny Hultzen, Trevor Bauer, Gerrit Cole, Nick Tropeano, Sam Stafford, Matt Barnes, Greg Gonzalez, Andrew Chafin or Sam Gaviglio. I did some research and out of all the collegiate players entering the draft this June, these guys are certainly the most polished. I would love to see the O's get a few guys who aren't as risky as the high school arms they usually take. I know a couple of years ago they could have drafted Mike Leake and last year they could have had Alex Wimmers, Addison Reed and Kyle Blair.

Cole will almost certainly be off the board by the fourth pick; Hultzen is heavily being considered for 1:4 and might even be the favorite at this point; Taylor Jungmann, Trevor Bauer and Matt Barnes are excellent and polished college pitchers, and all three may be on the periphery of the discussion, but it's my understanding that there are several guys ahead of them on BAL's board right now (they won't be on the board for BAL's second selection); I believe Tropeano, Stafford and Gaviglio are more of round 2-5 picks; Chafin is a possibility for the second selection at pick 60; I don't have any info about BAL's interest in those four.

Archived