Turgeon gets first verbal

Stoner,

Any new news on the other Terp recruits?

Would it be possible for the Terps to get former Wake center Woods, or would he have to sit out, 20 years before playing for another ACC school? We could use some more size.

Yes, Stevie Franchise clone!!! Seriously though, I'm all abourd the Turg train right now. It seems like he is making all the right moves. This was a kid he saw when he was still at A&M and wanted and he's now brought him here when he could have waited. That's good enough for me. Tells me this kid might be ready to blow up as some have speculated.

Just to nitpick with the thread title so it's clear, Seth Allen did not sign with UM yet. It's just a verbal commitment....which, as we here know all too well, can be rescinded at any time. Although Allen sounds like he's been Turgeon's guy since he was still at TA&M and will probably stick with UM, there is no ink on an LOI yet. That won't happen until November at the earliest.

But like I said in the earlier thread, Allen is apparently good friends with Justin Anderson....so if his commitment also encourages Anderson to keep his, then this is great news.

Made a dumb error in the post that I have corrected in an edit.

I was showing Weijs as being there for '12-'13, when obviously this will be his last year. If Faust, Bruenig, and Gibbs all come this fall... that means there will be two openings in the '12 class to join Anderson, and Allen.

If Parker does not jump, I like the idea of eventually having him play up as an undersized four... and having Stoglin, Faust, Anderson, and Parker on the court at the same time.

Not sure I would like Parker as an undersized four... I'd rather him as a big two. I don't think he has any post moves close to good enough to be a 4.

What makes you say that? Pretty sure Gibbs is, but haven't heard anything on Breunig.

Basically just because Ehsan was the lead recruiter for each. I'm just making assumptions, but it does seem pretty clear that Gibbs is gone. I think the writing is on the wall there with the addition of Allen.

It would be an upset if Faust ('11) and Anderson ('12) are not Terps. I think Gibbs is unlikely, but not definitively. We will see about Bruenig.

Ehh, at this point, you have to assume they are gone.

It doesn't matter what rumors are out there.

They were signed by one coachign staff and a new one is now in place.

It doesn't mean MD won't retain them, it just means that the assumption should be that they are gone.

Put it this way, I doubt Turgeon is going to stop recruiting and bringing guys in at those positions because he assumes those players are not leaving.

Faust's main recruiter has been retained. Him going elsewhere would be a major upset. Anderson has already stated he plans on staying, and a friend of his has been added to his class.

There is no current reason to expect either one to jump.

We're lucky that it's working out that way. It just so happens that our best two recruits still have connections to the program. Could have easily been the other way around. Still doesn't mean they'll stay, but it's not a bad advantage.

Archived