Will Prince Fielder be worth whatever it costs to bring him here?

ChaosLex

Will Prince Fielder be worth whatever it costs to bring him here?  

155 members have voted

1. 1. Will Prince Fielder be worth whatever it costs to bring him here?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply
i voted 'no' to this poll, but that doesn't mean i don't want the orioles to pursue him this offseason. In fact, that doesn't mean i don't want the orioles to sign him!

I know that when you account for the final years of his sure-to-be monster contract and crunch the numbers he will not statistically be worth the amount he's paid over the long haul. That said, i still want to make a run and feel that the name recognition alone will help sell seats and make up some (if not all) of the difference. Overall, i just want to see the orioles dedicated to winning and with the horrible offense we have seen so far in 2011 and in 2010 before that, i am anxious to see a ligitimate middle of the order hitter.

I think wieters and jones are great pieces to the puzzle, but neither are going to develop into a legit 3 or 4 hole hitter. Likewise, markakis should be a 2-hole hitter at his best (and now that he's at his worst he certianly isn't a 3-hole hitter). Overall, fielder would go a long way to help shape our deformed line-up.

this!!!

Since you already established the precedence that Hardy's fielding advantage is negligible since it's not quite as big this year as in the past, can we go ahead and call them even on OBP and leadoff ability since Hardy is within .017 points of Reyes' OBP this year?

Does Reyes have better base stealing ability. If so I'd say that would be the big difference.

Since you already established the precedence that Hardy's fielding advantage is negligible since it's not quite as big this year as in the past, can we go ahead and call them even on OBP and leadoff ability since Hardy is within .017 points of Reyes' OBP this year?

To be fair that is .50 points higher than Hardy generally sits with OBP. Reyes, to me, is clearly the better OBP guy, even if ultimately the difference comes down to #of IF hits.

To be fair that is .50 points higher than Hardy generally sits with OBP. Reyes, to me, is clearly the better OBP guy, even if ultimately the difference comes down to #of IF hits.

Not too mention Reyes has stolen twenty bases out of twenty four so far. That makes him more valuable as a lead off hitter. Looks like your giving up some power.

No to Fielder. I have done a number of Reyes and David Wright posts on here in the past so I vote yes to Reyes and maybe yes on Wright. I like Hardy as well and wonder if he could move over to 2B if Roberts doesn't return next year.

Love the guy's bat, and he'd bring some excitement to the fanbase. But, honestly is it really worth it? I don't know if a slow, below-average defender is worth that kind of money.

Though, just to play devil's advocate, what about sticking him at DH (and a temp 1B) to hit 40+ HRs for 5 yrs (even if he costs a bundle)???

• 4 years later...
o

If you are ever in a room with myself or weams and you sneeze, don't be surprised if one of us calls you on the phone a week later and says, "Bless you."

Have some reputation. TAKE IT!

Infuriating at times, yet always hilarious.

Holy Hell - making the Ryan Howard deal look like a bargain.

2016 Contract details by year 32 $24,000,000

2017 Contract details by year 33 $24,000,000

2018 Contract details by year 34 $24,000,000

2019 Contract details by year 35 $24,000,000

2020 Contract details by year 36 $24,000,000

Archived