BASH BROTHERS PART DEUX has begun

tinamodotti

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Reynolds and Davis just homered in the same inning.

I expect this to happen hundreds of times over the next few years.

osfireworks.gif

Wouldn't that be great - man two guys that can hit some jacks. Reynolds looks like a big strong country boy as opposed to a fake pumped up freak like Jay Gibbons

And how about that August/September Buck Showalter magic. Here we go for another 34-23 finish !

Hey, if our starters can throw like Simon threw tonight, I don't see why not. :) It's amazing how many games a baseball team can win when their starting pitchers pitch well.

Oh yeah he is a load too - man I hope these guys can elevate their games - nice to have two big studs in the lineup that makes every starting pitcher think a bit before throwing the ball down the pipe

And one left, one right. :)

Yes, I am getting ahead of myself. However, there is absolutely no reason to go out and get Prince Fielder in the offseason. This lineup already has a ton of pop. The only tweak needed is aquiring players who can get on base, steal, take the extra base, etc. (essentially increase team speed). I'm looking at you Matt Angle.

Yes, I am getting ahead of myself. However, there is absolutely no reason to go out and get Prince Fielder in the offseason. This lineup already has a ton of pop. The only tweak needed is aquiring players who can get on base, steal, take the extra base, etc. (essentially increase team speed). I'm looking at you Matt Angle.

Even if you want to go with Davis, who from everything I read is somewhat of a long shot to be a successful starting 1B you still need a DH. Davis should in no way preclude us from going after Fielder. You still have to score more runs than the other team.

Even if you want to go with Davis, who from everything I read is somewhat of a long shot to be a successful starting 1B you still need a DH. Davis should in no way preclude us from going after Fielder. You still have to score more runs than the other team.

Getting Fielder would result in losing 10-9 rather than 10-5 against traditional foes like the Yankees and Red Sox. Without an offseason focused on obtaining proven pitching, we are doomed for failure next season as well.

I don't want to say you got too far ahead of yourself, but that "bumpbump" you just heard was you running over yourself :P

I said it in the game thread: these two need to be batting back-to-back. You might get two homers, you might get two strikeouts. But you will get something.

Getting Fielder would result in losing 10-9 rather than 10-5 against traditional foes like the Yankees and Red Sox. Without an offseason focused on obtaining proven pitching, we are doomed for failure next season as well.

Well, since you mentioned that in your other post, you must forgive us for mistaking your point ;)

Archived