I'm liking this list

Frobby

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply
This year's top prospects list is much deeper than last year's, which was deeper than the year before's. We are through 13 and I think we can still go at least 5 deep (Hoey, McCrory, Bascom, Bergeson, Moore) before we go from prospects to suspects. I might throw Berken in there, too.

Hoey is a pretty good illustration of how far the organization has come. Last year he was, I think, 8th on the list, on the strength of a season spent mostly in the lower minors. This year he comes back, utterly dominates at Bowie and Norfolk, and can't even crack the top 14. Now that is a sign of serious progress.

A lot of good stuff has happened since June. At that point, Reimold and Rowell were nursing their oblique injuries, Snyder wasn't hitting, Spoone was doing just OK, and we hadn't been able to sign Wieters and Arrieta. I was getting pretty demoralized. Things look a lot better five months later.

With hopefully more trades between now and the AS break and a high position in the June draft we should see an even bigger jump in prospect depth next year.

I agree with Jammer, how is Tripp not in the top 20?? The Orioles Minor League Player of the Year, How does is a kid like this left off of a top 20 list??The age comment is getting redundant. He spent 3 yrs at college and was drafted at the age of 21. What should he have done otherwise?? He should have been moved up last year, but wasn't. He had a great year and will continue to advance in his career I am sure.

Archived