Miami Game Attendance

Danielos38

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I heard there were around 8K left, who knows.

I will be there. Pretty excited.

I read that too, about a week ago. Maybe that includes tickets that were returned by Miami, although the visiting team doesn't usually return unsold tickets until the week before the game. I do hope this game sells out...it would be nice to see Byrd full for a primetime nationally broadcast game.

Speaking of this game, here's something I was thinking about. Because this game is the only football game being played in the country on Labor Day and is on national tv, the whole country will be watching. Great publicity for the school. Not only that, no one will want to root for the cheaters. So pretty much the whole country is going to be rooting for Maryland to throw down on Miami. Hopefully the atmosphere will live up to the hype this game will get and show off Maryland nicely to the country.

Haven't been to a MD game since 97. Moved out of state. Will be in town that weekend.

Is a single ticket easy to pick up outside at game time? Just curious

Thanks.

Usually the answer would be yes. This time, maybe not as easy as usual. You might consider trying to buy one now, using stubhub, or scalping on the day of the game.

I am being told that the game is already sold out/will be sold out.

Can't guarantee the accuracy. If true, this would be huge. Should be an amazing atmosphere.

They might mean the student allotment is "sold out". Used to happen to me here and there back when I was there, right after they first got good again with Fridge.

Fewer than 2,000 left per an email I just received. If you're going make sure you're wearing the right color for your section.

Was just about to post this. Hopefully it's accurate. I would assume that they'll make up this amount in walkups and sales before the game day or at least close.

My question is, how bad do you think the color scheme thing will go? No one has the assigned colors. My parents are supposed to be wearing yellow, which they have none of and a bunch of us in the student section don't have a white MD shirt to wear... I hope that the students are going to be given shirts.

I'm one of the lucky ones. My seats are in the red section, which is what I usually wear. Black would have been okay too. My son who goes to the game with me usually wears his black jersey to football games, so he'll have to find something red since I doubt he'll need his red sweatshirt. He'd be okay in the gold section since he has a gold Jordan Williams jersey. I don't have any Maryland gold stuff, so I'd have been SOL there, but I do have a gold t-shirt I could have worn even though it was not Terp related. I also have a white shirt so that would have been fine also.

Not sure how close they are going to get to the right color scheme without passing out t-shirts, though.

Student tickets for Miami are sold out. Also, MD put up a groupon to sell the last few tickets in the upper deck which will probably sell out in the next few hours. Only about 50 tickets remaining! Going to be an amazing atmosphere! Don't forget to wear the correct color!

Student tickets for Miami are sold out. Also, MD put up a groupon to sell the last few tickets in the upper deck which will probably sell out in the next few hours. Only about 50 tickets remaining! Going to be an amazing atmosphere! Don't forget to wear the correct color!

Wait, what is the color of choice Monday?

Archived