Unhappy Scouts??

beardbr

• Replies 333
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well considering where all of our free agent targets are located I could see the reason for being a little unhappy if I were a scout. How would you like to have to do all of your scouting in Japan, South Korea, China, and Tawain. Oh yeah Venezuela too. "What's next Vietnam?"

Well considering where all of our free agent targets are located I could see the reason for being a little unhappy if I were a scout. How would you like to have to do all of your scouting in Japan, South Korea, China, and Tawain. Oh yeah Venezuela too. "What's next Vietnam?"

Different kinds of scouts. International and Domestic scouts are hired differently, they don't just take a domestic guy and say, forget the mid-west, now you are scouting Japan. As an international scout you know you are going to be anywhere on the globe, but hopefully there is a specific reason you are being hired, specialized in one country for instance, and that is where you would be.

Considering the source, I'd ignore this until it comes from a reputable member of the media.

I think JTrea should start a twitter and go head to head with her tweeting O's news to see who'd get more followers. As crazy as he can be, I'd listen to Trea before I'd listen to that train wreck.

"Wait, what? We have to travel and...watch baseball games? I didn't sign up for this ----."

This fake quote has been brought to you by the Council for Orioles Scouts Should STFU and Produce.

Imagine if you were a scout covering Texas and 2 other states in lower US. You've got a family, your wife has a job with tenure, and they came to you and said nahhh we are going to send you to scout Japan for a while and see how that works out. We know you don't know Japanese, so we don't know how long we are going to leave you out there either. So either say goodbye to your family for the next 6 months, or tell them you are uprooting them. How would you feel?

Imagine if you were a scout covering Texas and 2 other states in lower US. You've got a family, your wife has a job with tenure, and they came to you and said nahhh we are going to send you to scout Japan for a while and see how that works out. We know you don't know Japanese, so we don't know how long we are going to leave you out there either. So either say goodbye to your family for the next 6 months, or tell them you are uprooting them. How would you feel?

Annoyed. And, in this economy, and in light of the Orioles' track record over the better part of the last two decades, extremely lucky to have a job. Particularly a baseball job.

Archived