Prince could accept 3 year deal

Osandbohs83

Of course Boras would never let him sign a 3 year deal. After those 3 years, he'd be lucky to get 10M per on a new contract when people see that he is in steep decline. They'll take as much money and years as possible. I still feel he won't be getting a kings salary.

• Replies 303
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I really doubt that Fielder's "steep decline begins before he is 33-35. He is in better shape than a lot of people think. In the last 6 years how many games has he missed? I think Boras is posturing. He knows there is no team that will give Prince more than 5 years and no team that is desperate to sign him. What he is looking for IMO, is a 5-6 year contract with a 2-3 year opt out clause. That would change the dynamic considerably.

How much do you think he will be overweight by the time he signs a 4 year deal in Feburary?

Do you think he is currently working out?

Exactly what information do we have about his conditioning, now as opposed to 3-4 years ago? Can we demonstrate that he is heavier now than then? I can't tell from the pictures I've seen, and you can't trust the official team weights. Look at how hard it is to discern Nick's conditioning. Has he lost weight/strength? Who can really say, and we watch him every day? How often do we see Prince? He's a big guy, he's always been a big guy, but do we know for sure he is getting that much bigger? What we do know is his numbers have improved over the past 3 years and he has missed very few games over the past 6.

Exactly what information do we have about his conditioning, now as opposed to 3-4 years ago? Can we demonstrate that he is heavier now than then? I can't tell from the pictures I've seen, and you can't trust the official team weights. Look at how hard it is to discern Nick's conditioning. Has he lost weight/strength? Who can really say, and we watch him every day? How often do we see Prince? He's a big guy, he's always been a big guy, but do we know for sure he is getting that much bigger? What we do know is his numbers have improved over the past 3 years and he has missed very few games over the past 6.

I know he is 85 lbs overweight. At least. If he is gaining or getting larger? I don't know. I do know how Demitri Young ended up. Prince is a big guy. You think those knees will hold up even if he stays the same weight as he ages?

Whoa, 3/78 looks like a typo. If I were Prince I would take that contract in a heartbeat. Make 78 MILLION DOLLARS over the course of three seasons, then have an opportunity for another huge payday after my age 30 season? I doubt any team offers that, though.

He won't get 10 million per after that contract. 78 for 3 and 9 for 4 is 114 for seven, and he won't sign for that.

I know he is 85 lbs overweight. At least. If he is gaining or getting larger? I don't know. I do know how Demitri Young ended up. Prince is a big guy. You think those knees will hold up even if he stays the same weight as he ages?

How do you know this? Source?

How do you know this? Source?

Lets just go by his "listed" height and weight. 5'11 275LBS. According to the outdated but not completely useless BMI index that puts him in the morbidly obese category and the 98th percentile. a LARGE frame man who is 5'11 should ideally fall between 161 and 184Lbs. I am pretty sure that Prince weighs more than his listed 275Lbs, and I'm pretty sure that he is 85Lbs or more overweight. I'm 6'0 and I weigh 190 lbs, and I could stand to lose a few. He's morbidly obese, you cannot argue this point, but I'm sure you will. :)

Lets just go by his "listed" height and weight. 5'11 275LBS. According to the outdated but not completely useless BMI index that puts him in the morbidly obese category and the 98th percentile. a LARGE frame man who is 5'11 should ideally fall between 161 and 184Lbs. I am pretty sure that Prince weighs more than his listed 275Lbs, and I'm pretty sure that he is 85Lbs or more overweight. I'm 6'0 and I weigh 190 lbs, and I could stand to lose a few. He's morbidly obese, you cannot argue this point, but I'm sure you will. :)

I'm 5'8" and around 200. I am most certainly not obese.

Archived