Tomase credits DD for rebuild of front office over 2012 on field production.

Roll Tide

Thats doesnt make it the right move. If 2012 really doesnt matter there are plenty of good glove/no bat SS's out there. They could bring back Izturis. The Orioles told you they werent rebuilding when they said their core players were untouchable. We must believe Roch when he says the Orioles arent giving $20M foe Fielder ....But we dismiss it when he says the core is untochable.

Well, as much as you may think that, that is how this business operates. You don't make promises to players and then do the opposite immediately afterwards, no matter how much you want it to happen.

Also, I have no idea what you're talking about with Roch.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Well, as much as you may think that, that is how this business operates. You don't make promises to players and then do the opposite immediately afterwards, no matter how much you want it to happen.

The promise was not in his contract and DD didnt make the promise. So your point is???

Plenty of reasons. Maybe he thinks the value will go up. Maybe he thinks teams will be more interested when the FA market clears. Maybe he thinks Wieters signs an extension, and will be a part of the next contender.

Just a side note, it would be incredibly stupid to trade Wieters now, as his value figures to significantly improve if his hitting continues like it was at the end of last year.

Value goes up, value goes down. I agree about Wieters, but the rest have some value now so let's do something about it. I'd rather not follow the same path we've been treading and wait too long. DD has got to do something. Just because you didn't absolutely rob a team on a trade doesn't mean you shouldn't make it.

He obviously overvalues guys like Jones and Hardy. That trade propsal to ATL for Jones proves that. That is going to work against him, IMO. It's time recognize when an all-in approach is necessary. It's not like just the Yankees are good. Every single team in the AL East is good. With the approach we're taking now we will never win.

Just get some hope back...because right now we're at the bottom of the barrel.

OK Johnny. You just keep on with your thoughts, and I'll live in reality.

Keep your alleged reality and your sad ass baseball team. As long as Angelos owns this team the Orioles will be the worst run team in baseball. The Orioles are the Oaklend Raiders of Baseball. The Raiders finally have some sunlight due to the death of the their pathetic owner.

So he should just do it now, even if he's not getting what he wants for them, or hasn't made his decision about who to trade? He should do this because Johnny needs to see something happen NOW?

I hope that he waits to get a fair return for the very few chips that we have to deal.

Keep your alleged reality and your sad ass baseball team. As long as Angelos owns this team the Orioles will be the worst run team in baseball. The Orioles are the Oaklend Raiders of Baseball. The Raiders finally have some sunlight due to the death of the their pathetic owner.

That's some pretty poor taste sir. It's just a game. Let's try to remember that.

Hardy is a current Bargain. If H eis healthy this year as well his value sky rockets. Sky Rockets.

That "pathetic owner" revolutionized the NFL and brought 3 championships to his cities. He was one of the most respected and feared owners in Sports. He might have meddled incorrectly in the end but he was also always a decade ahead of everyone else.

At least you admit that Angelos is the problem. But you fail to see why these small front office moves, and the likely moves to come internally, show that Angelos is loosening the grip a bit. Its still a terrible situation that he is the owner, but these are important moves.

The promise, as I remember it, was to not trade him during the season.

The season is over, the man with whom he had the agreement is gone. Hardy also received an eight team NTC. DD can trade Hardy with a clear conscious if he feels it is the right move.

That "pathetic owner" revolutionized the NFL and brought 3 championships to his cities. He was one of the most respected and feared owners in Sports. He might have meddled incorrectly in the end but he was also always a decade ahead of everyone else.

So Al Davis is like Aerosmith. He started off great, but ended up sticking around too long.

The promise, as I remember it, was to not trade him during the season.

The season is over, the man with whom he had the agreement is gone. Hardy also received an eight team NTC. DD can trade Hardy with a clear conscious if he feels it is the right move.

Ahh, well that's different than what I thought.

At least you admit that Angelos is the problem. But you fail to see why these small front office moves, and the likely moves to come internally, show that Angelos is loosening the grip a bit. Its still a terrible situation that he is the owner, but these are important moves.

2003 4-12

2004 5-11

2005 4-12

2006 2-14

2007 4-12

2008 5-11

2009 5-11

2010 8-8

Davis was a good owner when he still had his whits...He obviously didnt the last 8 seasons.

Archived