#Orioles and #Braves are making progress on an Adam Jones deal. Hearing Jurrjens is involved

Greg

Yup, if we deal Jones this needs to be the return IMO. It COULD fix our pitching rotation and if one of our young arms outside of Britton develop than we are in position to deal someone outside of Guthrie for prospects. I like Adam Jones and think he has some real ability, but I like the odds of competing with a decent starting staff more than I like the team with 3/5's of a rotation and Adam Jones.

Couldn't agree more. Jones is WAYYY overated anyhow.

• Replies 465
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Beachy's career K/9 in the minors is above 10. He also throws harder than Julio. Why is Teheran so coveted?

Because he's a better pitcher. Beachy throws low 90's, has 4 pitches he can throw for strikes, and his best pitches are his curve and change. Sounds like BMat before he lost 3 mph. Beachy was also an undrafted FA, and has outperformed his talent level at every stop. There is an awful lot going RIGHT for him right now and as soon as one thing goes wrong he'll fall apart. Pitching here in the AL East would be something very wrong.

Julio sits 92-94 and touches 96, with GREAT movement especially on RHH. Curve has about a 15mph velo difference with hard break, change is about 14mph slower and breaks in on RHH. He's NASTY.

Beachy's career K/9 in the minors is above 10. He also throws harder than Julio. Why is Teheran so coveted?

http://baseballinstinct.com/2011/09/14/prospect-instinct-julio-teheran-rhp-atlanta-braves/

Three pitches that could be above average or better and a frame that might grow and see a mid 90's FB become upper 90's. That and he is 20 years old and pitched in the majors last year.

The report I read was showing 91, touching 96 with good sink is a good FB. I hope that his change-up comes around, but he needs at least three pitches to strive in the AL East and two of them had better be really good IMO.

This is pretty accurate. He's a 2 pitch pitcher right now basically. Same for Vizcaino.

You mean aside from him being a top-5 prospect in baseball and pitching last year in AAA at 20 years old? And doing so with a ton of success? No reason.

Don't mistake this for me not wanting Beachy. I absolutely do. But if my choice was between Beachy and Teheran, I'm taking Teheran every day of the week.

I would rather trade Jurrjens to another team. I also feel we need to end up with a very good position prospect in this deal. I would look to move JJ to SD, Det or Toronto.

DET wouldn't do Turner and Castellanos for Gio, so they wouldn't to get JJ back, and I wouldn't do any deal with them without getting them both.

Couldn't agree more. Jones is WAYYY overated anyhow.

About as overated as Torii Hunter was IMO because I think Jones has similar or better uspide. Jones is a year or two away from being a premium player IMO and if the Braves give up the package we think they could than they feel he is pretty good. It is sad that we have to give up a guy like Jones because it says more about where we are as a team than anything about Adam Jones as a player.

DET wouldn't do Turner and Castellanos for Gio, so they wouldn't to get JJ back, and I wouldn't do any deal with them without getting them both.

The Braves have two decent fielding prospects in Simmons (SS) and Salcedo (3B). I wouldn't be against those guys being in the deal, but we need pitching real bad.

The Braves have two decent fielding prospects in Simmons (SS) and Salcedo (3B). I wouldn't be against those guys being in the deal, but we need pitching real bad.

I'd want to steal Terdoslavitch from them as a throw in. Could just be another minor league 1B that trails off in AAA, but he looks like he could be a masher, and has good hit skill with some power. I'd say he's right there with Townsend if not better.

I'd want to steal Terdoslavitch from them as a throw in. Could just be another minor league 1B that trails off in AAA, but he looks like he could be a masher, and has good hit skill with some power. I'd say he's right there with Townsend if not better.

Any concern that his nickname might be Joey Terds? maybe King Terd? :wedge:

Archived