Update on Jones to the Braves for Jurrjens, Prado, Plus

Roll Tide

This is from 56 minutes ago.

The talks for Jones remain 'fluid', according to sources, although it appears the two sides cannot agree on which pitching prospects to include along with Martin Prado or Jair Jurrjens. Should the Braves acquire a top-tier pitching prospect from Colorado, they could potentially flip him to Baltimore to acquire the talented-yet-unproductive outfielder. It sounds like that may be GM Frank Wren's goal right now, especially if Ken Rosenthal's report of a desired pitching prospect is true.

http://atlanta.sbnation.com/atlanta-braves/2012/1/5/2684818/mlb-trade-rumors-atlanta-braves-jair-jurrjens-martin-prado-rockies-seth-smith-orioles-adam-jones

• Replies 423
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Jones is "talented but unproductive?"

I thought that was interesting as well. It appears that they need to settle on a pitching prospect or two. I wonder if the Orioles wouldnt agree to 1 guy from the top group and a lower level guy? Also Could the Rockies be the third team in a three way deal?

Guest rochester
Jones is "talented but unproductive?"

What? agree... is this a sort of conspiracy? ok, maybe some of us overrate AJ a bit but to call him talented but unproductive is just flat out ridiculous IMO

So now it sounds like a 3 team deal is trying to be worked out, since we have little interest in JJ.

This also tells me that its obvious Atlanta wants Jones and that something can happen.

So, what does Colorado have that we should want?(Pomeranz isn't happening)

So now it sounds like a 3 team deal is trying to be worked out, since we have little interest in JJ.

This also tells me that its obvious Atlanta wants Jones and that something can happen.

Is it possible they want Prado?

Maybe we can pick up Russell Wilson and flip him to the Ravens for Ray Rice and a PTBNL?

Archived