Would you be happy with this trade with Atlanta?

Sports Guy

Would you be happy with the trade listed below?  

124 members have voted

1. 1. Would you be happy with the trade listed below?

• Yes, no matter who the 4th player is
    • No, I don't like the trade at all
    • Yes, if the 4th player is Spruill
    • Yes, if the 4th player is Medlen
    • Yes, if the 4th player is Salcedo
    • Yes if the 4th player is Hoover

This poll is closed to new votes

Atlanta receives:

Adam Jones

Andino

Baltimore receives:

Jurrjens

Prado

Minor

one of Hoover, Salcedo, Spruill or Medlen

Note: This is a MULTIPLE CHOICE poll. If you are either a yes or a no, just choose 1. If you are a yes depending on who the 4th player is, chose the option with the player you want. If you like the trade with more than 1 of those names but not all of them, that's when you go with the multiple answers.

I would accept any of those trades. My question to you is, would you accept any of those trades if Delgado or Vizcaino were substituted for Minor? I would for Delgado. For Vizcaino, I'd certainly want to give a huge amount of thought to that 4th piece.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm sure I will get blasted for this. I love this site, but I am sick of the trade the veteran, for the next franchise savior talk. What does it matter who we get for Jones? The team will be looking to trade them in 4 years too, IF that player ever develops. It's great to get the "sexy" young prospect, but i've come to accept not to get too excited about any player on this team. We are now a low budget team. Any star we are lucky to develop wll be traded for younger and cheaper players. It's sad, most fans on this site accept that, and actually feel that is the right way to do it. I know we aren't the Yankees or Bos or even Anaheim, and we can't spend like them. But, we sure as hell aren't the Royals or A's, and i'm sick of people acting like we are. Starting with one Peter Angelos. I'm just a simple fan. I don't care about what's financially best for Angelos or this team. They don't seem to care about my finances, and all of the money fans have wasted watching this garbage over the last 14 years. Sadly enough, I am a fan, and will continue to support them.

I voted "No" because there is absolutely no way Atlanta makes this deal!

They would not give up the top three let alone throw in a fourth. Minor is on Atlanta's untouchable list. While Andino would be a nice standby in the event Pasternacky struggles at short, keep in mind that Pasternacky is replacing Gonzalez so he does not have to be an all star to pan out for Atlanta and Andino would simply be one of many available fall back options.

Some on here have commented on the Braves "lack of offense" I suggest they check the stats a little closer. Atlanta was not as bad as some think in spite of Gonzales, a half season of a weak platoon in center, a horrible first half by Uggla, and off years by Prado and Hayward due in part to injuries, and they were definitely not hurting in the power numbers. All Atlanta would gain from this trade is an extra year of Adam in center. Bourn is a much better fit since he fills the lead off void they have been trying to fill for years, and they need consistency far more then they do power which is the only place Jones has an edge.

As things stand right now Atlanta is not sure about Hudson or Hanson to start the season so Jurrjens is a very important piece. Then you have the situation at third where Chipper is oft injured and on the brink of retirement, and Prado is the only current option to replace him. All that Adam Jones would add this year is a little more pop in the outfield which they do not really need. To think they would throw in Minor as well who they would not move for Quinton, Pence or B.J Upton last season is pipe dreaming at it's most extreme!

I'm sure I will get blasted for this. I love this site, but I am sick of the trade the veteran, for the next franchise savior talk. What does it matter who we get for Jones? The team will be looking to trade them in 4 years too, IF that player ever develops. It's great to get the "sexy" young prospect, but i've come to accept not to get too excited about any player on this team. We are now a low budget team. Any star we are lucky to develop wll be traded for younger and cheaper players. It's sad, most fans on this site accept that, and actually feel that is the right way to do it. I know we aren't the Yankees or Bos or even Anaheim, and we can't spend like them. But, we sure as hell aren't the Royals or A's, and i'm sick of people acting like we are. Starting with one Peter Angelos. I'm just a simple fan. I don't care about what's financially best for Angelos or this team. They don't seem to care about my finances, and all of the money fans have wasted watching this garbage over the last 14 years. Sadly enough, I am a fan, and will continue to support them.

Ok, so just keep Jones and watch as he gets expensive before walking as a free agent (as the O's contibue to lose) or extend him for a more than fair contract and watch as your core players get expensive (and the team loses). Adam Jones can help this team a great deal in more than one way. The real problem is that this team isn't good enough with Adam Jones and can really get better by letting Jones go and filling the holes with the package of players coming back. We want to get to a point where our top guys can be moved for that one or two players that could put us over the top. Atlanta is there and Baltimore is not.

I voted "No" because there is absolutely no way Atlanta makes this deal!

They would not give up the top three let alone throw in a fourth. Minor is on Atlanta's untouchable list. While Andino would be a nice standby in the event Pasternacky struggles at short, keep in mind that Pasternacky is replacing Gonzalez so he does not have to be an all star to pan out for Atlanta and Andino would simply be one of many available fall back options.

Some on here have commented on the Braves "lack of offense" I suggest they check the stats a little closer. Atlanta was not as bad as some think in spite of Gonzales, a half season of a weak platoon in center, a horrible first half by Uggla, and off years by Prado and Hayward due in part to injuries, and they were definitely not hurting in the power numbers. All Atlanta would gain from this trade is an extra year of Adam in center. Bourn is a much better fit since he fills the lead off void they have been trying to fill for years, and they need consistency far more then they do power which is the only place Jones has an edge.

As things stand right now Atlanta is not sure about Hudson or Hanson to start the season so Jurrjens is a very important piece. Then you have the situation at third where Chipper is oft injured and on the brink of retirement, and Prado is the only current option to replace him. All that Adam Jones would add this year is a little more pop in the outfield which they do not really need. To think they would throw in Minor as well who they would not move for Quinton, Pence or B.J Upton last season is pipe dreaming at it's most extreme!

They need a CF with power, and Minor is most definitely not on their untouchable list

Ok, so just keep Jones and watch as he gets expensive before walking as a free agent (as the O's contibue to lose) or extend him for a more than fair contract and watch as your core players get expensive (and the team loses). Adam Jones can help this team a great deal in more than one way. The real problem is that this team isn't good enough with Adam Jones and can really get better by letting Jones go and filling the holes with the package of players coming back. We want to get to a point where our top guys can be moved for that one or two players that could put us over the top. Atlanta is there and Baltimore is not.

What core players would that be? The only one left, will be Wieters, and the trade talk about him has already started. Adam Jones is a young core player. Yep, Jones can help us now. Help us aquire the next young "core" player, to be traded in 4 years. This team wasn't good enough with Bedard, and he was supposed to help us aquire players that would change this team. It's a never ending cycle. Hasn't worked for A's, Pirates, Padres, etc. etc. I'm sure the TB reference is coming. So what, they aren't the norm. Like I said, i'm just a fan. I don't care how much money said player cost's this team.

I agree that Jones should be traded, just not for a package of middling players. If Atlanta won't put in two of their young pitchers and keep JJ, I'd look elsewhere. I would much rather sign a lesser starter from FA and trade Jones for a package of top prospects. I don't see an injury prone 3/4 as having a place in a deal for Adam.

I don't see any way Atlanta makes that trade. I'd be thrilled even if it's just Jones & Andino for Jurrjens, Minor & Prado. I would think we'd have to give them a pitcher with some upside in return, perhaps even Arrieta before they would consider a 4 for 2 (or a 4 for 3 in such a case).

There are so many names that can go back and forth, any final composition to this trade wouldn't surprise me. I do hope that it happens if only for the excitement our young pitching staff would promote.

Archived