Would you be happy with this trade with Atlanta?

Sports Guy

Would you be happy with the trade listed below?  

124 members have voted

1. 1. Would you be happy with the trade listed below?

• Yes, no matter who the 4th player is
    • No, I don't like the trade at all
    • Yes, if the 4th player is Spruill
    • Yes, if the 4th player is Medlen
    • Yes, if the 4th player is Salcedo
    • Yes if the 4th player is Hoover

This poll is closed to new votes

What core players would that be? The only one left, will be Wieters, and the trade talk about him has already started. Adam Jones is a young core player. Yep, Jones can help us now. Help us aquire the next young "core" player, to be traded in 4 years. This team wasn't good enough with Bedard, and he was supposed to help us aquire players that would change this team. It's a never ending cycle. Hasn't worked for A's, Pirates, Padres, etc. etc. I'm sure the TB reference is coming. So what, they aren't the norm. Like I said, i'm just a fan. I don't care how much money said player cost's this team.

Clearly signing Brian Roberts and Nick Markakis to their extensions were strokes of brilliance...

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Clearly signing Brian Roberts and Nick Markakis to their extensions were strokes of brilliance...

And clearly trading Bedard turned this team around. Roberts wasn't 25, about to enter his prime like Jones. Different sitiuation in my opinion. The extension Markakis got, was at the the time a good decision. It hasn't panned out. That happens. And back to Roberts. Yeah, everyone was drooling at the thought of getting Gallagher, Marshall, and Cedeno from the Cubs for Roberts. Yeah, that would have made the O's a dynasty. Like I said, i'm a fan...I don't write the checks.

In all of the 'AJ to the Braves' chatter, it seems to me that J.J. Hardy's name has been virtually absent. Hardy would be a serious upgrade for them, and a great place-holder for Andrelton Simmons in two years. Drop Andino from the proposals and add this 29-year old outstanding starting SS (30 HR's/.801 OPS/Great Defense)... then I believe Atlanta would then include Julio Teheran in whatever package we get back. Now that would be a blockbuster.

Jones and Hardy to Atlanta with Teheran, Prado, Spruill and Salcedo to Baltimore? I don't know, but that seems about right to me. Teheran may be great. It's a risk certainly, but the sort this team needs to make.

Anyway, regardless of an inclusion in the Jones-to-Atlanta proposals, Hardy should be a hot commodity this summer (pending health) if not dealt during the off-season. Thoughts?

In all of the 'AJ to the Braves' chatter, it seems to me that J.J. Hardy's name has been virtually absent. Hardy would be a serious upgrade for them, and a great place-holder for Andrelton Simmons in two years. Drop Andino from the proposals and add this 29-year old outstanding starting SS (30 HR's/.801 OPS/Great Defense)... then I believe Atlanta would then include Julio Teheran in whatever package we get back. Now that would be a blockbuster.

Jones and Hardy to Atlanta with Teheran, Prado, Spruill and Salcedo to Baltimore? I don't know, but that seems about right to me. Teheran may be great. It's a risk certainly, but the sort this team needs to make.

Anyway, regardless of an inclusion in the Jones-to-Atlanta proposals, Hardy should be a hot commodity this summer (pending health) if not dealt during the off-season. Thoughts?

I agree, but I don't think Hardy is on the block.

I have seen no indications that the O's are looking to do a large scale rebuild.

Trading someone like Jones, who may not be amendable to extending, is a different situation.

Selling too cheap for me. I feel like Hardy should command 80% of Jones's value right now. That said, I guarantee they will not deal him right after extending him.

Getting that junk for Jonsey for a couple of years is by, no means, on the planet, whatsoever, going to make the O's a "contender". They should have pulled the trigger on a Yonder Alonso or Anthony Rizzo by trading Guthrie while the kiln was hot. They need to start planning way ahead for the future when some of their younger talent start to blossom, even then a solid young core will still probably not be enough to "contend" in the AL East.

I think it's good value...I still don't see why we're hypothetically (in rumors and on here) wasting like 75% of Jones's trade value on questionable veterans like Jurrjens and Prado. Even if they're both 3 WAR guys through their arbitration years...so what? I'd rather get two B+ prospects and a C+ guy than this.

I might do it. But I pretty much agree with this.

I might do it. But I pretty much agree with this.

I agree with him too.

But these 2 are likely going to be in the deal, partly because of salary, partly because of health concerns and partly because of potential performance concerns. Atlanta doesn't want to trade several of their better young players.

So, if you are the Orioles, you make this deal.

But if I am the Orioles, I am flipping Jurrjens and we can get more of those prospects that you are talking about.

If Hardy is involved we'd have to fleece Atlanta

Jones for JJ, Prado, & Salcedo

Hardy for Minor,Teheran, and 1 other prospect.

Archived