I smell trades coming

Frobby

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yeah I figured you did knowing the type of poster you are...I enjoy your most of your posts very much.

Now I think the Chen deal will help the Jones deal go through mainly because it most likely takes JJ out of the deal and helps us get younger value for him..

Prince would be very exciting of course regardless of future contract ramifications, we all would be jumping out of our boots.

Prado to play 3rd and LF sounds good to me his D at thoses spots has the ability to save us 30 to 40 runs on D from last year...Yea thats 3 or 4 wins on D alone...I don't like him as much at 2nd given his age and past performance but I could live with a few starts here and there at that spot.

Oh, Cool. You mean I'm funny?

But I'm funny how, I mean funny like I'm a clown, I amuse you? I make you laugh, I'm here to amuse you? What do you mean funny, funny how? How am I funny?

It will be interesting to see how Chen's signing affects the Jones trade. We will see how badly ATL wants him now that we don't really have a need for JJ.

I would still take JJ and EJack in our rotation....I am fine parting ways with Guthrie, Arrieta, Bergy, and / or Tillman.

Only need to Keep Britton and Matusz.

YOU HEARD IT HERE FIRST DD SECRET TRADE TARGET IS............................... ALBERTO CALLASPO

Hears why:

1. He is that high OBP 2nd basemen guy who DD has told us is an option that is not yet on the roster...Last year .366 OBP

2. He is going into his second year of arb and the Angels with all there contracts they handed out this winter (Wison,Pujols,Kendrick) they could use some salary unloading..

3. They traded there young major league ready SP Chatwood already this year and could use a young cheap starter or two for depth

4. Callaspo is just what we need a guy who can play 2nd and 3rd (3rd he plays great, 2nd is TBD) plus some OF.

5. He can bat leadoff the next two seasons and get on base(3 out of 4 years in the Bigs at least a .360 obp)

6. The Angels and us have talked, this has been confirmed (Ill find link soon) just not mentioned this guy.

7. They have a glut of IF with Trumbo Macier Ayaber Kendrick Morales Pujols and they could use some young cheap starters...

8. They only have 1 LH starter projected in there rotation as of now and we have a glut of thoses

It makes alot of sense if you go by what DD has said to Roch and others, so barring a Prado deal this is the guy were gonna get...book it!

Oh, Cool. You mean I'm funny?

But I'm funny how, I mean funny like I'm a clown, I amuse you? I make you laugh, I'm here to amuse you? What do you mean funny, funny how? How am I funny?

"You know funny is all..." ".....Tommyyyyyy....you *****"

Now you say "I worry about this guy, he may fold under questioning.."

Second best movie EVER..And 60 actors who would go on to produce the best TV show EVER.

YOU HEARD IT HERE FIRST DD SECRET TRADE TARGET IS............................... ALBERTO CALLASPO

Hears why:

1. He is that high OBP 2nd basemen guy who DD has told us is an option that is not yet on the roster...Last year .366 OBP

2. He is going into his second year of arb and the Angels with all there contracts they handed out this winter (Wison,Pujols,Kendrick) they could use some salary unloading..

3. They traded there young major league ready SP Chatwood already this year and could use a young cheap starter or two for depth

4. Callaspo is just what we need a guy who can play 2nd and 3rd (3rd he plays great, 2nd is TBD) plus some OF.

5. He can bat leadoff the next two seasons and get on base(3 out of 4 years in the Bigs at least a .360 obp)

6. The Angels and us have talked, this has been confirmed (Ill find link soon) just not mentioned this guy.

7. They have a glut of IF with Trumbo Macier Ayaber Kendrick Morales Pujols and they could use some young cheap starters...

8. They only have 1 LH starter projected in there rotation as of now and we have a glut of thoses

It makes alot of sense if you go by what DD has said to Roch and others, so barring a Prado deal this is the guy were gonna get...book it!

And throw a DH/RF LH Hitter with salary paid and we may have a winner!!

I think we could still see a flurry of trades.

Jones first.

Guthrie next.

Reynolds or Reimold still a strong possibility, IMO.

I like the call on Bergy and Hurk, but I think they'll be traded in the preaseason, if at all. More likely that we lose them to waivers.

I wouldn't be totally surprised to see our infield include both Collaspo and Prado, with a heretofore (in this thread) never mentioned 1B (Pena, Morales?).

Guest rochester
With DD getting close to finished with his international rotation project, I smell some trades coming. Don't ask me who, but I think Duquette will look to make some moves that improve the defense without any significant cost to the offense, maybe by parting with a young pitcher as part of a package.

What does a trade smell like? Hopefully it doesn't stink (ughh I couldn't resist) :o

Archived