Britt: Reynolds at 3b

Sports Guy

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It's pick your poison at 3B with those two. I have a hard time believing the O's want to roll with Chris Davis full time at any position, though.

Well, you haven't really seen him with a chance to be healthy and take a crack at it. He's still the kid who put up .285 avg his rookie year and hit 17 and 21 HR his first 2 years. Give him a couple months, and if he doesn't work out, then you make a move.

If all Reynolds has to do is be better than he was last year defensively at 3B then I think he can do that. However he has been below average at 3B defensively every year in the majors. Its not likely that he becomes even an average defensive 3B after spending 5 years there as a below average defensive 3B.

No harm in letting him try to play a decent 3B in spring training. I hope the O's are ready to move him to 1B or DH if he does not improve into be at least an average average defensive 3B.

I thought the O's were going for being a team based on pitching and defense. Reynolds will have to improve greatly for him to hold up his end of the goal.

Davis wasn't likely to be better than Reynolds there. It's about as simple as that.

Well, you haven't really seen him with a chance to be healthy and take a crack at it. He's still the kid who put up .285 avg his rookie year and hit 17 and 21 HR his first 2 years. Give him a couple months, and if he doesn't work out, then you make a move.

Reading that quote from Buck, they might make a move before...

I don't understand the 67 win crowd. Are we really worse than last year? If we simply put up the same production as last year and move Kevin Gregg out of the closer role, replacing him with someone who will only blow five saves, that's 74 wins.

Removing Matusz, Pie and Bell from the equation improves us by 4 wins. And we've added Chavez, Miller, Wada and Chen, so that's another 5 wins there at least.

Also no team in the AL East had more sub-replacement performance than the Orioles.

Davis wasn't likely to be better than Reynolds there. It's about as simple as that.

I think that's really the key issue. There's a reason Davis has spent most of his major league career at 1B. If Antonelli hits I think you have to give him a chance over there as well, but he may be in the 2B competition.

You know I knew Davis had monster numbers in the minors but didn't realize that he had such productive seasons for the Rangers. It makes you wonder what kind of numbers he could put up if he got 550 at bats.

Archived