Starting five predictions.

33rdst

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 man bench?

Counted too high there. I suppose Matusz to AAA and Wada to the rotation to start the year would make sense, too. But I feel a good spring is in order for Matusz, so I'm torn.

The three-man bench scenario is too hard to pull off, and most of the time, the 7th and 8th arms in the bullpen are just collecting dust.

1. Guthrie

2. Floyd

3. Chen

4. Britton

5. Hunter

Others/Bullpen (listed in likelihood to start):

6. Wada

7. Arrietta

8. Eveland

9. Bergesen

10. Johnson

11. O'Day

12. Gregg

Minors:

1. Gallaraga

2. Matusz

3. Tillman

I'd be pretty much overjoyed if all of that came to pass. I think Floyd can be had fairly inexpensively... Maybe something like Matt Angle and Oliver Drake and a couple of Randy Henry's.

Also, I think we keep Guthrie and Jones. I believe DD when he says Chen is a #3. I believe Roch when he says that Hunter is in the rotation. I also believe that DD thinks Eveland will be in the rotation, but the only way that happens is if Britton is in the pen. ST performances will dictate otherwise.

Guthrie

Britton

Chen

Arrieta

Hunter

With a pen of JJohnson, Strop, Gregg, Phillips or Rapada, Wada, Patton or Eveland, Simon. I don't think we'll be able to add another starter at the ML level, although having Matusz, Tillman, Galaraga, and SJohnson in Norfolk provides the best AAA pitching depth we've had in years. Much better options than Jakubakubabaliscious if we have to call someone up for a few starts.

Archived