Milledge Traded to Nats

Birds08

Conceivably, Billy Beane would prefer Ryan Church to Lastings Milledge, in which case this deal may be a prelude to something bigger for Haren or Blanton.

It's a theory anyway.

I hope you're right davearm. I can't really think about it rationally right now.

Other than bringing Guillermo Mota back last year after the steroid revelations, I like most of the moves Minaya made before this. Got to give him the benefit of the doubt until opening day.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I just heard an interview with Omar on WFAN out of NY. It is a done deal.

One interesting thing that I was said in the interview was that he (Omar) went to both Baltimore and Oakland first to see if they had any intrest in Milledge. Both said no. :confused: He said they needed a catcher badly.

Wow, that had sooooooo better not be true. :eek::mad:

Not to turn this into an O's discussion, but what else does MacPhail think he can actually get for Ramon?? :confused: We have holes in LF and CF and he (supposedly) turns down a deal for a 5-tool OF? :confused:

Wow, that had sooooooo better not be true. :eek::mad:

Not to turn this into an O's discussion, but what else does MacPhail think he can actually get for Ramon?? :confused: We have holes in LF and CF and he (supposedly) turns down a deal for a 5-tool OF? :confused:

I was floored too. He said Andy turnd him down very quickly and that Washington was plan C. There must be some dirt on Milledge that hasn't come to light yet.

One interesting thing that I was said in the interview was that he (Omar) went to both Baltimore and Oakland first to see if they had any intrest in Milledge. Both said no. :confused: He said they needed a catcher badly.

Maybe MacPhail and Beane know something about Milledge that we don't?

Rosenthal is listing it now....

http://msn.foxsports.com/mlb/story/7508946?FSO2&ATT=MA

Yeah, :confused: what don't we know about Milledge ?

I can't believe NYM couldnt do better. Neither of those players are anything special.

Archived