Roch: O's and Nick Johnson closing in on minor league deal (O's sign Johnson)

ChaosLex

:puke: Johnson ....Will it ever end???

How is a minor league deal a bad thing here? Sounds like you're just complaining to complain. If healthy, Johnson has proven to be a very good hitter. If he's unhealthy, he'll sit on the bench in Norfolk - inexpensively.

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply
What's wrong with signing someone to a minor league deal with an invite to Spring Training? :confused:

I mad that the Orioles cant sign a single player that any other team actually wants. The gaggle of names that have been signed is secondary. You guys can be happy with another 60 ish win season.

How is a minor league deal a bad thing here? Sounds like you're just complaining to complain. If healthy, Johnson has proven to be a very good hitter. If he's unhealthy, he'll sit on the bench in Norfolk - inexpensively.

Was he not heathy last year?

Was he not heathy last year?

According to his agent - no.

Obviously, he's had a series of wrist issues," said Johnson's agent, Rex Gary. "It really took all of last year before he felt strong and pain-free. Then it was a matter of getting his stroke back. He didn't swing a bat from May 2010 to June 2011, and he didn't have his strength and feel comfortable until the end of the year.

So basically the Indians wasted money and resources on him last year. Bet that makes them feel great...

Still if we can get the 2009 version of Nick Johnson it will help.

What's wrong with signing someone to a minor league deal with an invite to Spring Training? :confused:

This. We sign this guy for nothing and people complain. "oh he's going to steal ABs from someone."

"what's this do for the team?"

We DON'T sign these kinds of players and Davis goes on the DL or sux by May, we bring up Mahoney and everyone screams "why don't we have any depth???"

:rolleyestf:

A point made over and over in this thread but really shouldn't have to be. It's like talking to a wall. Some people just don't get it.

I mad that the Orioles cant sign a single player that any other team actually wants. The gaggle of names that have been signed is secondary. You guys can be happy with another 60 ish win season.

So you don't want us to worry about depth at all? That doesn't make sense, Johnny.

I think a lot of the negative people on here are really Red Sox and Yankee fans and maybe even some Steeler fans who hate everything Baltimore. DD has changed the thinking from top to bottom and has made a major impact on this franchise in my opinion. I'm not on the Orioles payroll and have to give them another $1000 this week on my season ticket plan. I like what has been happening so far and am getting anxious to hear the next two trades that are soon to happen. I'm not sure how some of the negative people on here actually get through a day without a trip to a doctor or ER. You must go through advil or tylenol by the case. Remember how the Orioles ended last season. What was their record against the top teams? DD has solidified the bench and added some very good pitchers. I think we are going to surprise a lot of people with our success this year. Come on DD...one more #1 or # 2 starter and a DH. Floyd + Trumbo?

I think a lot of the negative people on here are really Red Sox and Yankee fans and maybe even some Steeler fans who hate everything Baltimore. DD has changed the thinking from top to bottom and has made a major impact on this franchise in my opinion. I'm not on the Orioles payroll and have to give them another $1000 this week on my season ticket plan. I like what has been happening so far and am getting anxious to hear the next two trades that are soon to happen.

Yes, because those Yankee and Sox fans (and Steeler fans??) clearly have nothing better to do than make fun one of the worst teams in MLB. We are an afterthought to them.

People are negative because the team is awful and has no clear strategy. We trade Guts for more of the same? Why move him then? If you really think the Baltimore fans are just negative, you must work for Angelos.

People are negative because the team is awful and has no clear strategy. We trade Guts for more of the same? Why move him then?

Do you really need that explained again? We received a guy that is likely to give us the same production as Guthrie, plus another solid bullpen arm, for the same price, and several years younger, and for an additional year. Guthrie wouldn't get more than that.

This was repeated many times over the past few days. If you disagree, post a logical counterargument. Ignoring perfectly fine reasoning for whining and ranting, especially when so many are willing to do so, makes all of us look bad.

I didn't say all of the Baltimore fans were negative. This team is not awful. Guthrie was on the last year of his contract and didn't finish games. 158 starts and 4 complete games 0 shutouts and below .500 record. That's just great. We should demonstrate downtown. Are you his agent? I see and talk to a lot of Red Sox fans at OP who live in Virginia. Are you a Red Sox fan?

Archived