Orioles scouts are now banned from Korean baseball stadiums

baseballwaco123

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Something I don't get it....... If this kid is not even a prospect, why KBO showed such reaction? They may just laugh at the stupid move O's had done.....

Pne more thing I do not understand righ out of comment in Steve's rticle in MASN.

"Daniel Kim who is a reporter for what is basically the ESPN of Korea says Seong-Min was a high school sophomore last year and would be a junior this year as the high school calender begins in January there. He explained to me that the KBO scouts high school players much more heavily in their junior and senior high school seasons"

Korean high school (junior high school for 3 years = 7~9 grade, senior high school for 3 years = 10~12 grade) has no freshman/Sophomore/junior/senior 4-year high school system. Why Kim said it like this? Does Kim really know what Korean high school is like?

Something I don't get it....... If this kid is not even a prospect, why KBO showed such reaction? They may just laugh at the stupid move O's had done.....

Pne more thing I do not understand righ out of comment in Steve's rticle in MASN.

"Daniel Kim who is a reporter for what is basically the ESPN of Korea says Seong-Min was a high school sophomore last year and would be a junior this year as the high school calender begins in January there. He explained to me that the KBO scouts high school players much more heavily in their junior and senior high school seasons"

Korean high school (junior high school for 3 years = 7~9 grade, senior high school for 3 years = 10~12 grade) has no freshman/Sophomore/junior/senior 4-year high school system. Why Kim said it like this? Does Kim really know what Korean high school is like?

Even if the kid isn't a prospect I can see why it would be in their best interest to raise a fuss and get a revision to the agreement to stop it from occurring in the future. If multiple teams starting poaching their HS players it could severely impact their national league. Best to stop such behavior as soon as possible.

Even if the kid isn't a prospect I can see why it would be in their best interest to raise a fuss and get a revision to the agreement to stop it from occurring in the future. If multiple teams starting poaching their HS players it could severely impact their national league. Best to stop such behavior as soon as possible.

Absolutely. I think the O's and MLB need to appease the Korean baseball organizations, and soon.

Archived