Orioles sign former Cardinals prospect, Stu Pomeranz

Bazooka Jones

Because they have 7 minor league rosters to fill also, like it or not some moves will be made to fill out these teams.

We're so awful as a team that we have nothing better to do than dissect a basic MiL signing. What's wrong with signing decent talent throughout the organization?

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Why is that relevant to the debate? Or are you trying to set up some lame past-your-bedtime joke? Either way, I'm glad that you realized you couldn't win the argument with what you are flinging and decided to move to other topics.

The Orioles' record is what it is. Your argument is what exactly? That it's a good idea to use mediocre talent for minor league filler instead of getting more legit prospects? I guess I lost that one.

The Orioles' record is what it is. Your argument is what exactly? That it's a good idea to use mediocre talent for minor league filler instead of getting more legit prospects? I guess I lost that one.
The guy is minor league filler, signed to take a spot in the minor leagues. Why are you having such a conniption fit over a nothing move?

How do you suppose they go about filling every available slot in the minors with legit prospects? Let's here idea man!

Good scouting.

Duquette hasn't even begun preparations for his first draft yet. He'll get to that once the season starts and his ML roster is completed. And you expect the minors to be fully stocked with prospects already??? Frankly, you're pretty impatient.

Good scouting.

Every team has organizational filler and projects. Take a look at some of Theo's most recent signings with the Cubs. There aren't enough prospects in all of baseball to simply stock every affiliate top to bottom, no matter who your scouts are.

Well, this is classic.

How often, exactly, do legit prospects become minor league free agents that we can sign?

Usually when their career has been racked by injuries and their prospect status fizzles out. ... hmm

In 2005 Baseball America ranked Stuart Pomeranz as the Cardinals' 5th best prospect.

It isn't that kind of move. I guess you're just not going to understand that, so, until the next stupid thread...

I do understand. I would like the Orioles to get better with better signings all over the organization. I don't know why this is a difficult concept.

Archived