The ACC regular season race

Frobby

Duke upheld its end of the bargain against Wake Forest, despite allowing Wake to whittle a 23 point deficit down to 6 with a few minutes to play. This team really seems to lose concentration at times. Still, 13-2 in league play and 8-0 on the road is nothing to sneeze at. Bring on the Heels!

They have blown a ton of big leads this year.

They stop attacking and get complacent.

It has a lot to do with the lack of a real leader on the floor.

The good news that they have done this vs weaker teams, not the better ones for the most part...and they will be playing better teams from here on out.

Now, I do worry a little bit in those first 2 rounds...I think Duke ends up a 2 seed in the NCAA tourney(lose to UNC) and the 15 seeds are better and better...if you aren't careful and allow one of these smaller schools in the game late, you could get in trouble. Same thing for round 2 but I wouldn't expect them to be blowing out the team in round 2.

The other side to this is it they are winning these games and showing something late and that is important.

Duke is better now than I thought they'd be 4-6 weeks ago. The main difference is that Rivers is more under control and has learned how to penetrate and make good decisions about when to kick out. They are still limited defensively and I don't know what has gotten into Mason Plumlee but he has been way off his game lately (Miles, on the other hand, is playing the best he ever has).

I think UNC will get its revenge this weekend because they just have too many weapons inside. Duke has a chance if they have a good night shooting 3-pointers, and no chance if they don't.

Duke is better now than I thought they'd be 4-6 weeks ago. The main difference is that Rivers is more under control and has learned how to penetrate and make good decisions about when to kick out. They are still limited defensively and I don't know what has gotten into Mason Plumlee but he has been way off his game lately (Miles, on the other hand, is playing the best he ever has).

I think UNC will get its revenge this weekend because they just have too many weapons inside. Duke has a chance if they have a good night shooting 3-pointers, and no chance if they don't.

Their defense is very much improved but you are right about them being limited because of their perimeter athleticism.

They need Dawkins to stop being a giant douche and be more consistent.

What an odd season for VT. 10 of their last 14 games have been decided by 2 points or less, or in OT.

Greenberg won't have much to complain about come Selection Sunday this year, at least.

Being a VT basketball fan has got to be a huge exercise in frustration. Greenberg seems like a good coach, they usually have some talent, they always seem to play hard...yet they always seem to fall a little short of their goals.

Archived