Potential blockbuster with the Dodgers brewing

bigbird

Um, do we know how many ML games the guys in that starting lineup have played? I mean, I'm sure it's inevitable that they'll establish a dynasty and everything. But, silly me, I'm just curious about how many big league ballgames they've actually played. Not "post-season game", just "baseball games". Anybody know?
I really don't think anybody could figure this out. I mean, does MLB even keep track of things like games played? And in the slim chance that they do, I'm sure its hidden in some super secret pay-for-access website and not available on like, hundreds of web sites.

• Replies 370
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Ok, so this trade definitely seems like a "too good to be true" situation, so how much would you take out and still be willing to do the deal?

I think you can take out one of LaRoche, Hu, or Broxton and still do the deal. If you take one, I definitely then want the Dodgers to eat some of the salary owed Pierre.

I'd do it and take all of Pierre's contract even if Broxton or Hu was taken out, if LaRoche was taken out, I'm not sure I'd even take Pierre, would be willing to pay them part of Tejada's contract though.

I want nothing to do with Pierre but let's not forget that we also get Payton off the team as well.

Obviously the contracts aren't the same but maybe you could pay some of Pierre's contract and get rid of him?

Yeah, Pierre is a problem, but you still love this trade right?

I want nothing to do with Pierre but let's not forget that we also get Payton off the team as well.

Obviously the contracts aren't the same but maybe you could pay some of Pierre's contract and get rid of him?

Pierre may cost extra and have huge holes in his game, but he has fewer holes than Payton and perhaps most importantly, he won't physically attack his teammates when he doesn't like their baserunning.

Yeah, Pierre is a problem, but you still love this trade right?

Yea...It is an amazing trade.

I mean, it wouldn't shock me if Billingsley is better than Bedard within 2 years...Same with LaRoche and Tejada(saying if Miggy was at third).

Then throw in Kemp, Hu and Broxton??? Its too good to be true.

Pierre or not..Who cares...Hell, i will take Pierre AND Loaiza.

If this is an offer, it's almost impossible to beat imo, who cares about Pierre, we're rebuilding, we don't need the extra money.

I understand your point and the payroll in 2010 could be quite low with all this pre-arbitration talent from this trade and in our system - but why don't you give some value to the $ being wasted on Pierre?

Like for every $1M wasted is the equivalent of drafting a Jake Arrietta in the fifth round instead of a nobody. Or the additional international haul that could be gained from spending $2M each year.

I know people think we should do both like the BoSox and NYY, but that's a LOT of $ to waste on Pierre.

I really don't think anybody could figure this out. I mean, does MLB even keep track of things like games played? And in the slim chance that they do, I'm sure its hidden in some super secret pay-for-access website and not available on like, hundreds of web sites.

It's the government, maaaaan. They created Internets and then restricted poor MLB to one obscure part of them.

I understand your point and the payroll in 2010 could be quite low with all this pre-arbitration talent from this trade and in our system - but why don't you give some value to the $ being wasted on Pierre?

Like for every $1M wasted is the equivalent of drafting a Jake Arrietta in the fifth round instead of a nobody. Or the additional international haul that could be gained from spending $2M each year.

I know people think we should do both like the BoSox and NYY, but that's a LOT of $ to waste on Pierre.

Pierre's contract is meaningless.

There is no hesistance here...I don't want Pierre at all but he is at least some kind of serviceable player and to get these players, you take back that contract if you have to.

Put it this way, you save 26 million from Tejada so that's only a 10 million dollar difference until 2011, and Billingsley, Hu, Kemp, LaRoche and Broxton will be well worth that 10 million extra above what they are paid in production...

Not to mention money is not an issue for this club with MASN. Tons of $ comes off the books in 2009...

It is a lot of money to be wasting on one pretty mediocre player, but the rest of the players dealt in the trade are so good that it's worth it, especially if they're eating the 5 million owed to Payton. Don't see how we could possibly pass up on this deal simply b/c Pierre is so expensive.

Pierre's big contract is a bummer, but even with him this trade is an absolute no-brainer. Anybody who wouldn't do this trade immediately is absolutely insane. Thats a big reason why its most likely not exactly drawn up as we have been discussing it. But the names being discussed are very intriguing.

Pierre costs less than Tejada over the next 2 years, and much less than what Bedard would cost over the next 4. Plus Payton and his 5M would be gone.

I doubt they'd spend more money on draft picks if the payroll was 9M less.

I do give some value to taking on Pierre, the value is more than made up with that incredible collection of players. I'll put it this way, I don't think any other team can give us that much value minus the value of Pierre. Add Payton to that equation as well.

Archived