RF - Markaksis

1b - Texeria

LF - Kemp

3b - LaRosch

DH - Moore / Rowell / Snyder

CF - Reimold

SS - Hu

Billingsly, Loewen, Guthrie, Penn, Olson/Spoone

Even with Tex and being stuck with Pierre that would still not be an expensive team leaving plenty of money to add pieces if/when some of the piece do not work out as planned.

Dare I dream - Opening Day 2009:

2b - Roberts

C - Weiters

RF - Markaksis

1b - Texeria

LF - Kemp

3b - LaRosch

CF - Reimold

SS - Hu

Even with Tex and being stuck with Pierre that would still not be an expensive team leaving plenty of money to add pieces if/when some of the piece do not work out as planned.

Roberts is my favorite oriole (stand up guy and great for the organization) but if a trade like the one proposed in this thread goes through, we might be better off trying to trade him as well, as much as I hate to say it!

Dare I dream - Opening Day 2009:

2b - Roberts

C - Weiters

RF - Markaksis

1b - Texeria

LF - Kemp

3b - LaRosch

CF - Reimold

SS - Hu

Did you trade Cabrera or is he in the pen?

Roberts is my favorite oriole (stand up guy and great for the organization) but if a trade like the one proposed in this thread goes through, we might be better off trying to trade him as well, as much as I hate to say it!

I agree with you that I would then trade Roberts especially if you could get Pie from the Cubs moving Reimold to DH. I have a feeling though that if this trade by some miracle from the baseball gods in return for the last 10 painful years so through that Roberts would be held as the "face of the franchise"

This should be declared "The Desperation Thread." Fourteen pages on something unlikely to happen.

As the Ravens snatch defeat from the jaws of victory, you do have the feeling the next shoe to drop is bigbird coming back with something like "talks have stalled, probably not going to happen."

As the Ravens snatch defeat from the jaws of victory, you do have the feeling the next shoe to drop is bigbird coming back with something like "talks have stalled, probably not going to happen."

But you have to admit that it was a lot of fun to dream on a cold Monday night.

That would be, like someone else said, the foundation of a dynasty. No other way to put it.

Um, do we know how many ML games the guys in that starting lineup have played? I mean, I'm sure it's inevitable that they'll establish a dynasty and everything. But, silly me, I'm just curious about how many big league ballgames they've actually played. Not "post-season game", just "baseball games". Anybody know?

Billingsley: 61

Broxton: 165

LaRoche: 35

Hu: 12

Kemp: 150

Pierre: 1169

Thanks. But only Hu, LaRoche and Kemp are in the starting lineup. People keep telling me to do my own research, so I did. Here's the ML G's and AB's for each guy:

C Weiters:- 0 - 0

1B Moore: 35 - 90

2b Epat: 7 - 8

SS Hu: 12 - 29

3B Laroche: 35 - 93

LF Kemp: 150 - 446

CF Pie: 87 - 177

RF Markakis: 308 - 1128

DH Reimold: 2 - 2

That gives us a grant total of 636 games and 1973 AB's for the dynasty's whole dang lineup. That works out to an average of 71 games and 219 AB's for each dynasty member.

You see what the problem is, don't you. It's Nick. All by himself he's got 48% of the G's and 57% of the AB's. If we want to get rid of the vets, he's the guy who needs to go. It's not everyday you get to establish a dynasty, so I don't think we should settle for half-measures. If AM can get some good young prospects for him, that will get our dynasty's average ML experience down to 36 games and 94 AB's for each dynasty member. Plus, if he did that, we'd also be getting younger and cheaper.

;-)

Why? If you pull off a coup like this and get enough ML-ready or very close players to rebuild your whole lineup, you can afford to keep Roberts.

Thanks. But only Hu, LaRoche and Kemp are in the starting lineup. People keep telling me to do my own research, so I did. Here's the ML G's and AB's for each guy:

C Weiters:- 0 - 0

1B Moore: 35 - 90

2b Epat: 7 - 8

SS Hu: 12 - 29

3B Laroche: 35 - 93

LF Kemp: 150 - 446

CF Pie: 87 - 177

RF Markakis: 308 - 1128

DH Reimold: 2 - 2

That gives us a grant total of 636 games and 1973 AB's for the dynasty's whole dang lineup. That works out to an average of 71 games and 219 AB's for each dynasty member.

You see what the problem is, don't you. It's Nick. All by himself he's got 48% of the G's and 57% of the AB's. If we want to get rid of the vets, he's the guy who needs to go. It's not everyday you get to establish a dynasty, so I don't think we should settle for half-measures. If AM can get some good young prospects for him, that will get our dynasty's average ML experience down to 36 games and 94 AB's for each dynasty member. Plus, if he did that, we'd also be getting younger and cheaper.

;-)

Is there a point you are trying to make?

Archived